overall

RATINGS: 49   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.78   ABV: -
Launched by Kid Rock.

It’s born out of of bushels of American barley and hops harvested straight from the heartland. It’s crafted with care in place where Detroit’s factories mark one horizon and wild forests mark the next. This beer’s built with Michigan pride. Pry one open and you’ll know: there’s trouble brewing. This is pure American Badass. americanbadassbeer.com

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
JAF737300 (1291) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 22, 2012
Pours straw with malt notes. Typical American brew that has more malt than the big massed produced lagers. I thought it was good for what it is. Keep an open mind.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
toastmastr (5) - Michigan, USA - MAY 13, 2012 does not count
I like Kid Rock’s music , but not his beer if you want to call it that. It is clear almost no color and is skunky. Smells kind of bad. And does not taste much better. Was really disappointed by this one.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
blackflag321 (503) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAY 8, 2012
I have passed on this numerous times because I didn’t expect it to be good and I don’t buy beer just to tick it. Okay, I admit I bought this just to tick it because the brewery is not producing and I got a bottle for $1.49. No reviewer is going to tout the aroma or the palate. This is basic American standard beer, big on the corn. Its not as bad as I thought it would be. . . it is an alternative to BMC, but I won’t choose it over any half-decent craft brew.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
rumproasts (3232) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAY 2, 2012
i bought this since it is soon to be a semi-rarity, now that the brewery has been foreclosed upon. just as expected, it’s not very good, but i have had worse. straw colored, with minimal head. corn and water seem to be the main components.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
KickInChalice (860) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 1, 2012
From notes. First reviewed 2/22/2011. I’ll be honest here. I bought this for the label and bottlecap. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a pint glass. This is one of the lightest beers I have seen. Nearly completely clear and transparent, there is a little straw yellow color to convince me this is not Sprite. A fluffy white head puffs up with the pour, fades to a film and leaves some spotty lace on the glass. Biscuity malt with a hint of honey-like sweetness. Other faint grains make an appearance in the nose. I get a light buttered popcorn aroma as well. The taste is light biscuity malt at first, followed by a fairly malt sweetness. A light toasted grain flavor joins, leading to some light noble hops. The finish is grainy and sweet. The mouthfeel is slightly grainy, not quite crisp enough. The carbonation looked like it was there after pouring, only to hide a little bit during each sip. Mostly clean, with a light to medium body. Well, the low ABV and moderately sweet nature of this beer guarantees that it would disappear by the glass were I at some summer event.

313hooligan (11) - - JAN 24, 2012
Really bad, drank it out of the bottle the way it was intended. I know a lot of micro breweries have trouble making crisp lager beer. I read in the reveiws that "Buffet’s beer is worse" I disagree. Both are plain, but this is plain undrinkable.

paintedmaple (445) - Fenton, Michigan, USA - JAN 21, 2012
Grandma, although meaning well, bought a six pack of this for Xmas. I knew it would be bad, but good lord this stuff is nasty. Mr. ex-Pam Anderson must have ate a bushel of sweet corn and Michigan Brewing Co. collected his next piss and bottled it. Shame...shame...shame.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
jrallen34 (3483) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 22, 2011
bottle... clear thin straw, ugly, but a nice retentive head... the aroma is terrible, literally smells like ass, corn... taste is even worse, corn watery, a bad malt liquor... pass

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
DWestrick (442) - Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA - SEP 26, 2011
bottle. Obviously didn’t set any expectations on this beer and it was exactly what I expected. But hats off and good luck to Kid Rock - I know many people who will by this based on the name alone.

DasBierChef (1083) - Hudson, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 16, 2011
Looks like really clear green piss. Smells worse. Tastes ok for a few seconds until the after taste kicks in. Absolute garbage.