overall

RATINGS: 53   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.8   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Launched by Kid Rock.
Originally brewed at Michigan Brewing Company and since 2012 in Brew Detroit.
Itís born out of of bushels of American barley and hops harvested straight from the heartland. Itís crafted with care in place where Detroitís factories mark one horizon and wild forests mark the next. This beerís built with Michigan pride. Pry one open and youíll know: thereís trouble brewing. This is pure American Badass. americanbadassbeer.com

dmschefke's rating

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
dmschefke (571) - Macomb, Michigan, USA - DEC 17, 2010
I havenít been rating much, but felt compelled to do so because of this beer. This is by far the most tasteless beer I have ever had in my life. It took me half the bottle to discern it from water. I really wanted to like this beer too, because of the Detroit, Kid Rock, awesome name things. Oh well, donít even bother people, it is completely a waste of money. Donít buy it so that they will go back to the drawing board and put something worth drinking out.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Frank (3333) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 17, 2015
This is Kid Rock branded cheap beer and it tastes about as good as you would expect, unless youíd expect such a thing to be good. It doesnít smell terrible, a little corny, but itís sweet and oxidized tasting and sluggish and thick on the palate. I guess due to the sweetness and a weird butterscotch thing itís got going on you could say this has a little more flavor than most cheap beer but when the flavor is bad, that doesnít really help things.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
rjb847 (4) - - APR 8, 2015 does not count
Aroma smelled like ass. Looked like beer. I did knocked down a half a glass. Great label and name. Beer was Bad and I was an Ass for buying it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
gratgrat (1) - Portage, Michigan, USA - MAR 19, 2015 does not count
I donít like most beers but I love this! It tastes good kinda light like bud light but bitterness like a dark beer! It has nice color and aroma!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
lukedarock (245) - Howell, Michigan, USA - MAR 6, 2015
Smells of grass or hay, taste is surprisingly good for what we are talkin about here, light corn and sugar flavor very drinkable

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
malkyore (279) - - DEC 14, 2014
I had one of these out of my friends dadís garage when I was 19. I totally felt badass. I saw this beer on diners drive ins and dives. Guy Fieris death spikes hair do was pretty badass... This is a beer made in Michigan and endorsed by a rock star, thatís pretty badass. This beer is badass in spirit in a way rarely seen in the craft beer world. That being said it is not good... It is bad. Buy it to feel badass... Not actually be badass...

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Krej (163) - USA - DEC 14, 2014
I would say this beer is definitely more "American" than it is "Badass." I could see it being pretty Redneck too. It does feel nice drinking something local(as I live in Michigan), but thatís all it really has going for it... If this were in any bars, Iíd easily go for it over Bud or Miller, but not over any craft lagers or other craft beers.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
BeerStoreDude (14) - - JUL 18, 2014
As beers go, this is a great bottle as a keepsake. Whatís actually in the bottle? Hey... great label

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jmagnus87 (2912) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - MAY 11, 2014
Bottle sampled at a friends house. From notes. Corn, grains, water. Meh, not awful but not the best Iíve had.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Westmeister (2092) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - FEB 13, 2014
Never thought I would find this random tick at a neighbors. The wife is a big Kid Rock fan, though. So thereís that. Pours light golden. Taste is corny, sweet, grains, and actually a touch of floral hops. Not offensive and actually better than the mega brewers. I saved the bottle because its BADASS.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
tectactoe (3116) - Michigan, USA - OCT 16, 2013
UPDATED: AUG 28, 2014 Bottle: Thanks to Josh for the split on this one, but I might have been better off without it. This beer tastes like Kid Rock looks. Homely & poor, just a vapid waste of space. Nothing but mild grains, corn sweetness, & stale hops. You can taste the adjunct. Steel-y and bitter in the finish. People arenít really buying this stuff, are they? This is one of the worst things ever invented, besides Kid Rockís music.