overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 11   MEAN: 3.55/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Lawnmower Lager IPL is a citrusy hop-forward India Pale Lager. The perfect hot summer day’s beer. Lots of hop flavor and aroma; not overly bitter. Nice, smooth finish. Falconer’s Flight hops backed up by Glacier. Bright, golden color with a thick, creamy head. All malt grain bill (no adjuncts).

DrnkMcDermott's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DrnkMcDermott (2835) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - JUL 26, 2014
12 oz. bottle, Binny’s singles rack. Deceptively pale lager color like any old Schlitz. Thin layer of foam clinging to side of the glass. Smell is an unusual mix of the newer hop varietals, some pine and kumquat over a layer of basic bitter nose. Taste is another upside-yo-head smack of hoppiness, with tropical fruit and pine tar filling in without the ale background needed to hold it in check. Light lager body means I am slurping it down much faster than I normally should. A kudo or two to the Bäderbrau guys for hitting one at the beer geeks and the Point guys for making it differently.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Dfonorow (1600) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 13, 2014
On tap at Beer Camp - Chicago. Pour is pale yellow with a thin white head. Aroma and flavor of crisp hops, light tropical fruit, and slight citrus peel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Dogbrick (8658) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - SEP 18, 2014
This beer pours a clear pale golden color with a medium white head that evaporates steadily. Short strings of lacing on the glass. Aroma of grassy hops, fruit and yeast. Light-bodied with flavors of herbal hops, citrus and yeast. The finish is mildly bitter with a grassy hops and fruit aftertaste. Decent overall.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Frank (3015) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 20, 2014
This is a decent hopped up lager, drinkable, but maybe not the best of its style. It is clear orange golden w/ a small head and patches of lace. This is one of those brews that is just vaguely hoppy and sort of fruity generally. I am not really picking up too much in specific. It is just a little bit sweet and medium bodied w/ crisp carbonation. It finishes w/ a lingering, resinous bitterness. This might not be the most memorable beer in the world but it is certainly not w/o its charms. I’d drink it again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Cornfield (5544) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - AUG 12, 2014
Remarkable! My first beer brewed with a lawnmower in the mash!
Well, maybe not.
It also has "I.P.L." on the label, so I’m not sure what I’m dealing with here. (Great Scott! I’ve just noted that this is listed as a Pale Lager. Uh-uh.) It has a good looking pour, a golden body with lots of tiny bubbles working their way up to support a sustained creamy head. The aroma is lightly sweet, white bread crust accompanied by so0me grassy (okay, I get another connection) hops. The hops are even stronger in the flavor, contributing an earthy/grassy bitterness not too intense, but at a pleasing level for this aging hop-head. There’s enough malt to almost balance it out. Nice.
I was originally ambivalent about this brewer, not sure why, but I like this beer. Being in an apartment now, I don’t mow the lawn anymore, but I’m sure I’ll find some sweaty excuse to repeat this beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
whiskeyrocks (61) - Lindenhurst, Illinois, USA - JUL 30, 2014
I am a huge fan or IPAs. But this was the first IPL I have ever had, and it was amazeballs to say the least. It has all the citrus and hoppy flavor of an IPA but such a smooth light finish. No bitterness after. Im not sure I have enough words to describe how much I enjoyed this Ale. I might be going a little over board but, oh what the hell, Im going to say it... This is the best beer I have ever had.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
troyc (2473) - Illinois, USA - JUL 29, 2014
[Tap] Pours a light golden color with a thin soapy looking head on top. Nose is of crisp hops, light malts and mild grassy notes. Taste is of lemon grass, spicy hops and sweet grains. Lively carbonation. A good amount of hop kick overall. Medium bodied. Nicely balanced with clean flavors. Better than I expected going into it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
HonkeyBra (3518) - Lemont, Illinois, USA - JUL 22, 2014
Sampled at the Naperville Summer Ale Fest. Pours golden with a medium white head. Aroma of strong lemon, tropical fruit, grapefruit notes. Mild floral notes as well. Flavor is strong bitterness forward with mild sweetness. Crisp, thin bodied with above average carbonation. A pretty good crusher.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Headbanger (3386) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - JUN 17, 2014
12oz bottle 6/17/14 (Binny’s Naperville Mix A Six)-46° in Lager Glass-Pours a clear light golden with a small white head. Aroma of citrus and hops. Taste of the same with more citrus and hops. This light bodied brew is well balanced and quite tasty.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
crossovert (7869) - Illinois, USA - JUN 15, 2014
Draft. Typical point aroma. But the flavor is reedeming, plenty of tropical hops and bitterness, clean, dry finish.