overall
Brewed by Cerveceria Centro Americana
Style: Pale Lager
Guatemala City, Guatemala

RATINGS: 76   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.82   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
This premium lager is brewed under the authority of Cerveceria Monterrey, s.a.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
madsberg (10144) - Søborg, DENMARK - DEC 18, 2004
Bottled: Pale yellow coloured. White small head. Sweet and malty aroma. Flavour is malty with light grassy notes. Ends on a sweet note. Is very thin bodied, but surprisingly it has some vague charackter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Ungstrup (29224) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - DEC 18, 2004
A yellow beer with a small white head. The aroma is sweet malty with notes of caramel. The flavor is sweet malty with notes of straw and a thin body. Surprisingly good, but still below average.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 14, 2004
Poured golden yellow with fluffy white head...smell was very skunky...so skunky I had to look even more closely just to make sure it wasn’t skunked...taste was as I expected...cloying skunkiness...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Kinz (3279) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - SEP 8, 2004
Better than I expected, but I wasn’t expecting much. Pale yellow, head actually tried to hang around a while. Grainy aroma, bit of cornflakes. Carbonation too sharp, but relatively full bodied, with an actual malt note. Very faint hop bitterness. Honestly not totally disgusting!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Braudog (5647) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - SEP 1, 2004
This strikes as yest another central American Corona knock-off, but it ends up surprising me with a nice crisp character and without the usual starchiness of some of the others from La Costancia and others. This is better than Corona.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - MAY 24, 2004
It’s going to be:
Shitty Shitty Bang Bang!
Shitty Shitty Bang Bang!
Shitty Shitty Bang Bang, I don’t like you!

Fully golden body and a fluffy ivory head. The aroma is rather malty, but loads of adjuncts are obvious. The flavor is sweet, actually very sweet, with a note of lemon grass in the finish. Suggestions of buttered sweet corn… NOT skunked… I pulled it out of a newly opened covered case at the beer store. Sweet malty finish… grains… Blaaa! Nothing exciting, nothing overly Shitty Shitty Bang Bang!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
SpringsLicker (3127) - Tennessee, USA - MAY 12, 2004
Thanks to Matta for giving me the chance to try this! This Light Lager is quite typical of many of the Lagers from Central America and Mexico that I’ve had. It starts with a big white head that says "bye bye" real soon after it’s appearance. Very weak lemon aroma. Little flavor. What there is is somewhat sweet with almost no finish. The watery feel of this beer is also typical for the style the way they produce it in this part of the world. I think it would be a refreshing beer in a hot humid setting although it would do it better if there were more there.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 2/20
TheBeerGod (5230) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - MAY 6, 2004
Pours a fizzy yellow with a medium white head. Clear bottle spells doom as I can smell the skunk! The aroma is atrocious! Rotten corn and wet paper would probably describe it best. Very unattractive. Let’s hope the taste is better. Not too bad. Much better than the aroma would lead you to believe. Sort of a bland corn flakes and grain mixed with seltzer water. Typical "tropical beer". I guess this would be refreshing in the jungle, but I’ll never know. On the positive tip, I now have Guatemala.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ghawener (1457) - San Salvador, EL SALVADOR - APR 24, 2004
Bottle: I tried the salvadorean version, clear, pale yellow pours a small head. For a Corona me-too it's quite refrshing and uninsulting though overall unimpressive.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
weeicemon (126) - Lancaster, California, USA - DEC 27, 2003
I guess I was expecting something like Corona. You know..clear bottle...south of the border! Somewhat surprising, there was some flavor. Is that accually malt? I guess it starts better then it finishes. Somewhat flat in the end but at least you can tell it's beer.