overall
Brewed by Cerveceria Centro Americana
Style: Pale Lager
Guatemala City, Guatemala

RATINGS: 77   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.81   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
This premium lager is brewed under the authority of Cerveceria Monterrey, s.a.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
weeicemon (126) - Lancaster, California, USA - DEC 27, 2003
I guess I was expecting something like Corona. You know..clear bottle...south of the border! Somewhat surprising, there was some flavor. Is that accually malt? I guess it starts better then it finishes. Somewhat flat in the end but at least you can tell it's beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
robertjm (776) - Albany, California, USA - MAY 19, 2003
I bought a bottle of something called BAJA a week after Cinco DeMayo. You know the kind, where a single bottle gets left somewhere and they label it for 49 cents? Anyways, I finally cracked it open today and read the label. Its a contract brew through CCA. Since its close to this beer, I figure its probably the same. On to the review. Great head straight out of the bottle, but it disappeared before I could get to the living room. Very nice pale straw color. Nose remeniscent of a light odor of Pilsner Urquel. Unfortunately, that's as close as it gets - the odor. There is VERY little, if any, flavor to this. Its cleaner than Corona for sure. There's more of a taste in the lingering aftertaste. If I was into lawnmower beers I'd consider buying this one. But since I'm not, I probably won't. Buyer beware!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
greystreet80 (191) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - DEC 12, 2002
This stuff tastes shasty mcnasty. It is really horrible. The skunk factor is out of this world.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
puphus (34) - Carbondale, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 14, 2002
Not much taste. High carbonation. Smells like a miller lite. An average "beer" with an american taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
BillKismet (3360) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUN 21, 2002
In appearance, this beer was highly carbonated and of a watery taupe-ginger ale appearance. It exuded what I will here describe as the damp sock pilsner odor ad had a similar taste--but fortunately, one that faded fast. The carbonation fades fast as well in this lite american standard.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - MAY 7, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2003 See through bottle look like a urine sample. Cheesey logo and marlin still don't convince you that it's a beer. No foam lots of carbonation, as transluscent as water. First surprise, an all malt/bubble gum aroma but no skunk. In fact mine was part of a 'Beers of the World' pack that was released for Christmas so kudos to the store for good handling. Taste is sweet and all malt, while palate is pretty non-descript. Dry grainy aftertaste but no hop bitterness, not thirst-quenching, just unpleasant. I think I understand now why people put lime in beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
21iceman40 (1732) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 7, 2001
UPDATED: MAR 19, 2004 Taste is not great on this one, but here me out. This is one asskicking looking bottle and label. If you want to look cool at a party carry around one of these. The label actually looks like a minor league baseball logo, on a clear bottle, it looks really cool