overall

RATINGS: 319   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.59   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 276   ABV: 9.2%
A wonderful spirit of camaraderie, cooperation and mutual support exists in the world of craft brewing. We have harnessed this spirit fully in the crafting of this special collaborative brew dedicated to the resilient people of Japan who are bravely endeavoring to overcome the tragedy of the March 11, 2011 earthquake and tsunami. We tip our brewing hats to the quiet elegance and humble sophistication of Japanese culture through the judicious addition of Japanese whole leaf green tea to this big, bold, spicy and herbal IPA. Cheers, Japan!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
boozedude (2102) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - JAN 23, 2015
bomber with mike norris shared at club w, clear orangish pour with BIG white head, super hoppy , you can taste the tea, ver diffretl but enjoyablem my bottle says 10.1 alc/vol not sure if the same stuff, but has the exact same name

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
drsordr (1269) - Loveland, Ohio, USA - JAN 23, 2015
Bottle pour clear gold with moderate white head. Nose initially very hoppy with tropical fruit and grassy. Later the tea really shows up. Taste moderate bitter up front, followed by green tea. Early mid palate moderate sweet then some of the aromatic hop flavors. Lighter bitter finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
kjc51478 (418) - Valparaiso, Indiana, USA - JAN 23, 2015
22 oz bottle - Second Edition 2015. Pours light Amber color with medium off-white head; nice lacing. Aroma is heavy and complex with the herbal green tea forward and citrus and floral hop mixed with a delight caramel sweetness. Taste is tilted toward the bitter with a sharp herbal and spicy character. Palate is medium-bodied, slick texture, lively carbonation, and very dry into the finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
lightbias (196) - USA - JAN 22, 2015
Itís funny; this is a bittersweet thing for me and youíd have to know me pretty well to understand why. Maybe another time. When I crack open the bottle, I feel like Iím a kid again. The first time I ever had Japanese green tea we were in a restaurant and I discovered it was the one thing in the place that I could never have enough of.† Right now, between the hops, and the heady, earthy aroma of the tea leaves, Iím having an olfactory orgasm!† Phenomenal! The visual on this brew is like a sparkling, liquid caramel covered in a soft, off-white head, and Iím sure it will disappear quickly, but it never does. Not completely.† It remains a thin, even blanket of liquid cotton covering the surface and keeping that aroma ever so slightly out of the air above the glass.† I need to breathe deeply to find it. That head only takes a quick swirl and itís large again, but never finds itself on the glass...wet and heavy. The taste, at first, is bitter, and I find myself wondering if itís just too odd a collaboration for my palate, but I do know better than to just jump to a conclusion on one mouthful. I take my time, and sip after sip I find myself more enamored with the combination of flavors and intrigued by the bitterness on the back of my tongue. The flavor of the tea is true to a quality green tea and if you know anything about me, you must know that I love umami; this is my experience here! I am in love with this combination, as well as the bitterness that has become a part of my tongue and is now welcomed with every swallow.† The finish is a lot cleaner than I expected from my first taste of this beer, and although it seems dry at first,† is also not a long one. I am enjoying this, and can see that I am destined to long for it on a regular basis,† I can feel it...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
crossovert (8197) - Illinois, USA - JAN 22, 2015
650ml bottle.Smells and tastes like green tea. Most tea infusion ive ever got out ofa beer. Flavor has some acidity and a bit of bitterness but wouldnít really call this an ipa, still prefer MKEís Ogii.

GenDV138 (2018) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - JAN 22, 2015
22 oz bottle (2015 release, 10.1% ABV) poured into a Hitachino Nest tulip. Slightly smudged Enjoy By date, 4/2/2015 I believe. Clear golden orange with a finger of off-white head. Aromas of powdered green tea, green tea leaves, light floral notes, citrus. Tastes of tropical fruit, citrus, light floral notes, mango, slight alcohol, fresh green tea leaves. Medium body with a dry finish. Juicy mouthfeel, medium carbonation. Pretty tasty.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Fantomasus (240) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 21, 2015
Burnt gold pour with a flimsy white head. Faint slightly unpleasant aroma: hay and herbs. Fairly balanced flavor and interesting. Palate has a nice lingering bitter but... sour. Itís interesting but would not need to try again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DialSquare (3030) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 21, 2015
Bomber from Savor Pint. Amber-orange pour with a medium white head and strong lacing. Aroma of green tea, pine and citrus. Tastes of lemon, spice, green tea, bready, orange, caramel, peach, pine, leafy, herbal, little woody. Lightly bitter lemon and tea in the finish. Medium to full bodied. Lots going on obviously, but canít say itís more that a well done curiosity for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
CpyNPrnT (432) - Indiana, USA - JAN 20, 2015
Aroma of green tea, taste is more green tea, mild fruity hops, mild bitterness initially but transitions to more bitterness, a unique brew and I am liking the green tea!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
GT2 (8831) - San Diego County, California, USA - JAN 19, 2015
[ Bottle ][ 22oz ][ Trader Joes Oside ][ $7? ][ Tasting Snifter ][ 1.16.15 ]
>> Stone Green Tea IPA. Pours clear straw with thick, healthy white foam. Amazing nose- intense and floral, super bright with lemon verbana, chamomile, fresh green tea complexities. Taste is clean, kumquat, flower blossom, mild alcohol. Off dry, mild perfume. Well balanced body with very little noticeable alcohol and enough sugar to balance all the spice and bitterness. Not overly done in the taste with no tannin or overly spiced dryness. Aroma is out of control. Really impressive. My favorite beer so far this year :-)