Balcones Fault Pale Malt

(RETIRED)
overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 11   MEAN: 2.05/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.15   ABV: -
Pale Malt is a British-style pale ale. It is a single hopped beer with Kent Goldings. This is the lightest of our beers and has slight hints of fruitiness throughout.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Heat99 (56) - Austin, Texas, USA - DEC 14, 2001
My rating probably isn’t so fair for this brew. The reason is that I tried my first batch of SN Pale Ale Homebrew (imitation of SNPA), and it was too young, and not yet carbonated, and me, being the beer connoisseur, didn’t want to waste a good beer and drank it. I know my rating was off because I had a SN Celebration Ale, and didn’t care much for it either...and I LOVE SNCA. Anyhow, on with the rating... This beer pured a clear golden color...with a bubbly carbonated head that receded fast. It had a slightly grainy aroma...similar to Sam Adams Pale Ale, but only after a thorough swish. Not that impressive. The flavor was thin and simple (almost watery), not too sweet, and very carbonated. Not the best of brews.