overall

RATINGS: 1719   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 71   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our Big Eye IPA is a big hoppy brew, thanks to the abundance of American Columbus and Centennial varieties we use to flavor and dry hop. While the English originally added extra hops to preserve their beers for sea travel, we do it for the love of all that bold, intense flavor that makes India Pale Ale one of our favorite styles.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mgermani (1002) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 29, 2009
Pours a brilliant orange with a thick, lasting cream-white head and just a little bit of lacing. Aroma is sweet like an early summer’s morning while camping - earthy, piney, gently herbal bitterness. Tastes great! Sweet caramel malt balanced by more piney hops, light grapefruit, incredible lingering hop finish. Body is lightly creamy with good carbonation. One of my favourite IPAs of all time - I hope this stays in-stock at my local store!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
CapFlu (5101) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 27, 2009
(Draft) Sampled at GCBF 2009 in Victoria on September 9, 2009. High PNW hops - very piney. Some astringent apricot background but overall good. 8/3/7/3/15

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sfhodense (4789) - Odense NØ, DENMARK - SEP 24, 2009
EBF08. Pours amber with a white head. Aroma is loads of american hops, citrus and grape. Flavour is light sweet malt, and lots of citrus and grape hops. Nice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
manuchampions (1244) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 19, 2009
12oz bottle. I have just gotten over a cold. Maybe that disqualifies my rating since I can’t really smell properly and my tastebuds have to be whacked right? Still, what I can detect tells me this is a solid IPA with an ample hop finish. The nose is funky though...kind of wet hay like in the malt (?). The taste is very pleasing though. Good balance with a crisp, tangy hop flavor that lingers well. On further tasting I detected a biscuity malt right up front. I will re-rate this another time when my palette is less encumbered.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Haack (101) - Hornslet, DENMARK - SEP 17, 2009
This beer had a very nice head and a perfect flavor. I found it very nice and malty but it could be more hoppier.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Chipper (303) - Red Lion, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 15, 2009
Amber pour with a moderate off-white head. Clean dry hoppy aroma, with a little spice. Very drinkable and an excellent beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
DeeBee21 (51) - NH, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 11, 2009
straight copper pour, thin white head. lots of citrus hop aroma, lemon zesty, little bit of the sugar sweet character. Flavor starts of rather sweet, sweet citrus fruit but turns very bitter in the finish. Definitely a mild IPA but still not a fav of mine.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jblauvs (1357) - Chester, Vermont, USA - SEP 11, 2009
Copper pour with a frothy offwhite head. sweet malty and slightly resinous hops aroma. Flavor is sweet, sticky malt and mild resinous hops and a decently bitter finish. Mild but tastey

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
areyouinning (72) - North Carolina, USA - SEP 8, 2009
Clear copper with minimal carbonation. Hoppy, sweet aroma, balanced flavor profile that finishes cleanly.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
biznizness (1128) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - SEP 8, 2009
Bottle a few days ago. Good IPA. I’m wondering what Sculpin will be like, since apparently neither is a DIPA. Pretty moderate for a west coast IPA. Thumbs up.