overall

RATINGS: 1668   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 71   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our Big Eye IPA is a big hoppy brew, thanks to the abundance of American Columbus and Centennial varieties we use to flavor and dry hop. While the English originally added extra hops to preserve their beers for sea travel, we do it for the love of all that bold, intense flavor that makes India Pale Ale one of our favorite styles.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
unclemike (2747) - Ft. Riley, Kansas, USA - APR 9, 2009
Like the bottle so I picked it up. Pours out a clear light copper color with a small to moderate white head. Aroma of citrus and some sweet malts. Flavor is nicely balanced, pine and citrus hop come through with some nicely balanced malts. Very drinkable, and rather solid

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
can8ianben (1446) - State College, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 8, 2009
Hops, hops, hops. Lovely spicy/grapefruit aroma, and a very nice layering through the palate. Boarders on really being a special beer. I like it a lot.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rmussman (1702) - California, USA - APR 6, 2009
Sampled in a 22oz. Pours pretty golden brown, clear and crisp. Some head. Drinks pretty smooth. Lots of hops, minimal malts. A pretty great brew. Good aftertaste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
BroSpud (1949) - , Massachusetts, USA - MAR 30, 2009
12oz bottle. Cloudy amber pour. Excellent hop presence. Honestly I sucked this one down too fast to remember the details other than I liked it and it was hoppy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
NDbeerdrinker (166) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - MAR 21, 2009
Pours a deep golden color with a nice short lingering white head. Aroma is floral and piney hops. Taste is sweet and syrupy up front but dies down with a great bitter hop finish. Piney flavor at the end really works for this beer. Really nice IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
CheersMate (1325) - Fremont (Seattle), Washington, USA - MAR 15, 2009
Nice translucent orange color. Looks like an imperial/double. Very malty aroma. I wish this had a more hoppy aroma. The malty aroma dominates. Slight hop aroma, but again, the hops dominate. It is a pungent beer, just not the flavor that I was expecting. Nice palate, with a big hoppy flavor. I donít like this hop. I donít know which hop it is, but I know that I do not like this particular hop flavor. Very hoppy, but there is not a balance between the hops and the malts. I wish this had the imperial/double hop flavors, but it does not. Hop flavor is not to my liking, but not a horrible IPA, but I feel that it is overrated.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Beardface (1517) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - MAR 14, 2009
Bottle from BevMo. Nice cloudy amber pour with a big white head. Aroma of caramel, grapefruit, pine. Flavor much the same, extremely well balanced but with a big hop bite at the end. Very tasty.

Hophead22 (2879) - Redlands, by way of Wisconsin,, California, USA - MAR 14, 2009
Tap at the brewery. this smelled awesome, big hop nose for a regular IPA, flavor was much the same, just a super hoppy IPA, Mmmmm.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
lumpy38 (2) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 13, 2009 does not count
on tap at The Irish Pol in Philly....good solid IPA. Definitely get the pine and citrus but the hops in this one are fantastic. This one will keep me coming back.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
beerfest5 (1206) - Cloneen, IRELAND - MAR 11, 2009
the only thing i dont like about this beer is the palate, everything else is great. it tastes exactly as an IPA should, some pine, some citrus, a lot of hops, a little malty, perfect, but just a little strong on the palate.