overall

RATINGS: 666   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A rich, copper ale with a case full of gold medals. Our Calico Amber Ale takes its inspiration from traditional English ESBs. Four types of malts give it a bold complexity, and our proprietary yeast strain lends it a fruity, madeira-like richness. However, it’s the American hops that give this ale a distinct bite and floral aroma that have earned it just about every major beer medal.

tbopslt's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tbopslt (346) - New York, USA - SEP 21, 2013
Poured from bottle. Clear amber color. Thin head but good lacing. Sweet aroma. Sweet malt taste. Good mouthfeel. Pretty good red style. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
drsandman (266) - New York, USA - SEP 1, 2014
Pours a med amber, med off white head. Aroma is caramel, bread, pine, cedar, floral hop. Flavor is light sweet transitioning to bitter pine hop, lasting. Med body, great balance for an amber... Good hop dosage while still being a malt heavy brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
19Ei8hty (1171) - Washington, USA - AUG 12, 2014
As of late I can not find the time to take tasting notes of each beer I sample. I would like to track and record my thoughts of each so I will just use the simple scoring rubric until more time is available.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
jjh19 (58) - California, USA - AUG 8, 2014
Appearance: A dark red/copper color with an average tight-bubble head. Surprisingly dark for an Amber. Smell: Not a ton of aroma, but I did detect some toasted notes and some floral hops. Taste: This one tasted a lot like New Belgium’s Fat Tire ale. For better and worse. There’s no denying that Fat Tire (and I’m sure Calico) has it’s fans. I’m just not one of them. It must be the balance of hops and malts - it doesn’t sit well on my tongue. The hops feel unnecessarily assertive. Mouthfeel: Medium body. Drinkability: This Amber Ale is okay. One and done.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
mnurda (1125) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JUL 23, 2014
On tap at B and B burger and beer in Las Vegas. Very malty. Toffeeish. Wow. I love this beer ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ZacM612 (126) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - JUL 17, 2014
Slightly hazy dark amber with off-white head. Sweet aroma. A lot more hoppy bite than I expected based on the aroma. Not bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Chadski4 (109) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JUL 16, 2014
Subtle but nice floral aroma with light caramel in the background. Average size head but quite pillowy. Perfect balance of biscuity malts and clean lemony flavors. My favorite amber to date.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
micronaut129 (241) - chalfontborotowntonbergville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 16, 2014
A brownish amber brew with a bit of haze, good carbos with a rich dense head. Toffee malt aroma with some hops. A candied malt taste up front with bitter hops bring up the rear. A good tasting brew with some nice mouthfeel, perhaps a medium bodied beer. Drink well my friends

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
NallePalle (105) - Uppsala, SWEDEN - JUL 5, 2014
Bottle @ Monks, Stockholm. An enjoyable amber ale, well balanced and with a gentle finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
ricardoschuh (1) - Santa Cruz do Sul, BRAZIL - JUN 24, 2014 does not count
Pretty similar to an IPA. Strangely as I was expectating a traditional amber ale. However, tastes good and I would drink it again. Recommended.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
bpreo (1550) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - JUN 24, 2014
Actually very strong tasting for a standard Amber Ale. It reminded me more of an APA instead of an AAA.