overall

RATINGS: 1135   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.87/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
On a quest to make delicious beers, our brewers have continually sought creative new ways to accentuate the delightfully aromatic and flavorful qualities of hops. Hopheads rejoice! Dorado Double IPA takes hops to a new level. Mash Hopping, First Wort Hopping, Kettle Hopping, and Dry Hopping create an award winning beer that embodies San Diego’s reputation for making world class IPAs. Our bottle Robust Series gives all beer lovers an opportunity to try our most rare beers, previously available only on draft at select tap houses. Enjoy! Get the Point! World Beer Cup 2006 Bronze Award Winner

Jamesthebrit's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Jamesthebrit (416) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - APR 6, 2013
Bottle with drink by date of sometime in 2014 so I’m good. A: Pours a bold amber. Head has good retention. S: Smells like any other IPA. Floral, a bit more malty than others I suppose. T: Hops are out of control when they first hit. Then a hint of malt but it gets cut down by more hops. The problem here is the hops are very dull and dry. They linger too long and cut through the other flavors so much that there is little play left. Finish has a pretty intense alcohol bite. P: As detailed in the taste, the hops just linger around too much. Palate is super aggressive. . Overall this beer was actually pretty weak. It’s just so unbalanced. I think back to a certain triple IPA I had that did not leave me with the same notion that the hops are out of control. They’re just so dull on the palate that they linger and I can’t stop thinking about them. I wonder if I just got a bad batch given the generally high rating of this one. I’ll stick to the calico amber... that was killer!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Cokemonkey11 (505) - - SEP 19, 2016
Brown American bottle. Pours medium dark imperial amber, hazy, lightly opaque. Medium white foam subsiding average. Scent is medium early hops and not much else. Taste is medium imperial yeast, little bit musty. Earthy. Resin. Finish is smooth and clean. Cookie cutter. Very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SHIG (4670) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - SEP 17, 2016
Bottle: Poured golden with white head. Aroma is nice hops. Taste is malty balanced by sharp bitter hops.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
SanfordBrewer (1502) - Sanford, Florida, USA - SEP 16, 2016
A lot of vegetative hop character, without much enticing hop aromatics. Wort-like malt profile. Just not very complex or interesting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
justkoehn (111) - Michigan, USA - SEP 15, 2016
No lacing and little head. Brown color with orange hue. Floral aroma. Sits easily on the tongue. Sweet start with hoppy finish and lingering bitterness. Solid DIPA. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
phillybass (114) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 13, 2016
I do not ordinarily drink a double India pale ale because I simply do not care for the high alcohol or extreme hops bitterness. This beer is drinkable although I would only have her have one in a night. I think this beer is great for sipping it's very tasty ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
HippieFee (325) - - SEP 13, 2016
Bottle - Dry on the palate, feels "thick" as well. Not as much bitterness on this imperial IPA as I would have expected. Nothing that sticks out to me in terms of flavor on this beer but to my untrained palate I do get some fruit flavors. Decent beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Franckg (1186) - Trois-Rivières, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 13, 2016
Bouteille sans date. Robe orangée foncée trouble avec un mince voile de mousse. Arômes de malt caramélisé, marmelade d’agrumes, pamplemousse, gazon frais, zeste d’orange. En bouche, malt caramelisé et agrumes sucrés, pamplemousse rose saupoudré de sucre, pelures d’orange, notes d’alcool. Texture huileuse épaisse et corps moyen à rond. Bien

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ZacM612 (568) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - AUG 6, 2016
Draft at BP in San Diego. Amber color with lacing head. Floral aroma. Strong malty flavor balances well with the hoppy, slightly bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
drjoeng (857) - SINGAPORE - JUL 20, 2016
10%ABV. Double IPA. Poured out deep gold. 8°SRM. Nose has pine and resin. Deep enduring resin aroma. Mouthfeel is soapy. Palate has graham cracker, light elderflower honey, taffy. Hops are spicy with cilantro, Thai basil. Finish is medium with a deep fresh pine needle, herbaceous bitter. Goes on Favorites List !

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
hershiser2 (2066) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JUL 19, 2016
$2.80 bottle from Wine Warehouse. Pours slightly hazy orange with a small white head. Luscious orange aroma, slightly candied but it’s not bothering me. Flavor is a strong orange peel, heavy malts, syrupy. Is not my favorite.