RATINGS: 609   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our Sculpin IPA is a great example of what got us into brewing in the first place. After years of experimenting, we knew hopping an ale at five separate stages would produce something special. The result ended up being this gold-medal winning IPA, whose inspired use of hops creates hints of apricot, peach, mango and lemon flavors, but still packs a bit of a sting, just like a Sculpin fish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Mjp12 (961) - York, North Yorkshire, ENGLAND - APR 18, 2015
Wow, this ipa is so full of fresh green chilli, in its aroma and flavour. It does pack a real punch.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
halfonit (1257) - Fall River, Massachusetts, USA - APR 17, 2015
Sounds interesting. Pours a clear golden color with a white bubbly head. Aroma has a little spice. Actually a lot more spicy than what I was anticipating. I accidentally got my nose a little bit too close and inhaled some head. My nose is currently on fire as we speak. Holy crap!!! Ok, the taste must be hot then too! Flavor is of malts, hops, and spiiiiiiiicy peppers. I honestly couldn’t pick up any citrus. The peppers completely take control. I bet this would be a great beer to cook with. Mmmm beer can chicken.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beerbastard (818) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - APR 17, 2015
12oz bottle. Amber pour with lacing. Laid back green pepper nose. The first drink went right to my throat. The pepper dominates the flavor and the finish. I got a hot one. I like spicy hot foods, but I guess not my beer. I give it an A for being different. It just doesn’t work for me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
N3lson1 (628) - Long Valley, New Jersey, USA - APR 16, 2015
UPDATED: AUG 27, 2015 Drank from a twelve ounce bottle, thank you Kevin! Smells a bit spicy from the Habaneros! I taste mostly chiles and just a slight flavor of beer. A good chile beer, I was expecting much spicier, I grow habs and they’re spicy!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Cybercat (4272) - Georgia, USA - APR 16, 2015
Pours clear Amber with a nice eggshell head. Hoppy aroma has a definite peppery note. Flavor is peppery and hot, but not as bad as I feared. Definitely not for the faint of palate, but won’t make your mouth feel like a set from "The Towering Inferno" either. Form, fizzy mouthfeel leaves a hot pepper finish. Hot hot hot!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Doghair (306) - Illinois, USA - APR 15, 2015
Not much in the aroma, mostly hops. At first you get hops then boom, peppers. Probably the spicyest beer I?ve had. Calms a little after the palate adjusts. Great pepper beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 12/20
kespecial (166) - - APR 15, 2015
Well, this is as advertised. Delicious Sculpin with a much greater than expected dose of habanero. It’s legitimately very spicy. I love spicy food, but truly spicy beer presents a conundrum: what is one supposed to do with this concoction? It’s too spicy to drink on its own, IMHO. While it’s OK with food, it kind of inverts the usual paradigm wherein beers refreshes the palate. This drags it down and one must turn to the food for relief. One is left with a beer that is admirable as an idea but unpleasant to actually consume.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
onceblind (6071) - Denver, Colorado, USA - APR 14, 2015
Brilliant clear golden with a large foamy white head. Lovely nose of some tropical juicy undertones, a but of earthy leafy hop resins, some earthy citric bitterness, and a dry floral hopping. Smooth and quaffable amazing IPA at the start, with some crisp blonde malt and pale ale malt mixing with some lightly tropical tones and quite a bit of earthy floral resins, then WHAM, there’s this tropical and peach-pepper tone of habanero pepper and a decent amount of capsaicin heat. Finishes with that earlier IPA tone of bright blonde malt and a touch of cracker and lovely floral hop resins. The middle is just a touch too spicy, but otherwise the best damn IPA you could use to pepper up.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
vikingguy (968) - Chaska, Minnesota, USA - APR 12, 2015
Bright golden pour with plenty of floating sediment. Citrus hop aroma. Taste- the peppery habanero flavor isn't subtle, it is forefront and dominates the flavor profile. The Sculpin IPA base provides a bright citrus malt backbone. Sculpin IPA is one of my favorite ales so any deviation to it won't live up to the original, but this is still very nice. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 12/20
samsmith33 (727) - - APR 12, 2015
Bottle to glass at Blend. Aroma is nice. Some pepper and pine, but mostly citrus. Appearance: clear Dark yellow. Minimal head. Taste: the Habenero pepper is prominent. Gonna be tough to get throuh the whole beer. Feel is light, but the pepper makes it irrelevant. I appreciate the effort, but too hot to enjoy anything afterwards.