overall

RATINGS: 418   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our Sculpin IPA is a great example of what got us into brewing in the first place. After years of experimenting, we knew hopping an ale at five separate stages would produce something special. The result ended up being this gold-medal winning IPA, whose inspired use of hops creates hints of apricot, peach, mango and lemon flavors, but still packs a bit of a sting, just like a Sculpin fish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
blutt59 (6165) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 22, 2014
On tap, golden pour, white foam, pretty soft and plain until the heat kicks in, not as hot as ghost but has a bite, hot lasting finish

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
anaheim1983 (140) - Anaheim, California, USA - JAN 19, 2014
Great brew...sculpin alone is fantastic...add the extra dimension of the habanero is superb. Great pepper and hop aroma flavor through and through. Excellent

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JasonNYC (23) - New York, USA - JAN 8, 2014
My question: Just how much habanero is in this beer? The answer: enough to make a spicy food fan like myself happy to have some water nearby. The spice and the hops marry almost as good as peanut butter and jelly. But the nose: absolutely awesome. It truly smells of habanero pepper. Probably the spiciest beer I've had, but also a damn good and thoughtfully made IPA. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Syndicate (100) - Idaho, USA - JAN 3, 2014
14 oz pour at bier thirty. Poured liked a typical ipa with a thin white head. My nose canít smell much but that might be my fault. First sip and the habanero explodes in your mouth. Salty and hot. Iím good for one glass and no more.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
boisebeerguy (88) - boise, Idaho, USA - JAN 3, 2014
On tap at bier thirty. Hops is not really prevalent. The habanero is though. I can not find a hot food that beats me so I like this beer. Nose is of habanero and warms the mouth. But for the weak be careful.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
bergstaden (1597) - RÝros, NORWAY - DEC 19, 2013
Golden with a white head - Hot peppery aroma with perhaps a hint of hop - the taste is just hot liquid peppers that stings - The hotness just goes into a long finish that is olmost never ending - This was just a pepper liquid that stings and just dont taste anything else than pepper, and it was not that good either

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
alexsdad06 (6701) - Ohio, USA - DEC 7, 2013
Draft at Dutchís. Pours a clear golden color with a medium plus sized white head. The aroma and flavor have quite a bit of peppery heat, citrus and tropical fruit hops try to come through. I get that this is a polarizing kind of beer, but I happen to enjoy the peppery beers. The burn is lasting, but the fruity notes linger as well.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
OPIE788 (337) - Ohio, USA - NOV 25, 2013
Draft. Let me start by saying that Sculpin is one of my all time favorite beers. This however is absolutely terrible. Poured cloudy. Smelled like rotten peppers. Oily and way too spicy for my taste. Just my opinion.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Itzjerm (1589) - Taft, Tennessee, USA - NOV 9, 2013
Burn in the throat not much hop aroma. Very nice burn. Good balance to the sculpin. Nice head. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Lubiere (10842) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 9, 2013
A golden amber ale with a thin off white head. In aroma, interesting mix of biscuit malt, floral hops, and hot pepper, nice. In mouth, a nice biscuit malt with floral hops and loads of hot pepper, burning, not bad. On tap at Breukelyn Bier Merchants.