RATINGS: 614   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our Sculpin IPA is a great example of what got us into brewing in the first place. After years of experimenting, we knew hopping an ale at five separate stages would produce something special. The result ended up being this gold-medal winning IPA, whose inspired use of hops creates hints of apricot, peach, mango and lemon flavors, but still packs a bit of a sting, just like a Sculpin fish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ElGaucho (2329) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - MAR 19, 2015
Bottle. Aroma is sweet and hoppy with a hint of peppers that goes away after a few whiffs. Hazy Amber. Very strong hot pepper flavor the blends beautifully with the Luciousness of the sculpin IPA. Expertly and wonderfully done.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
UDBeernut (2315) - Between JAX and SGJ, Florida, USA - MAY 8, 2013
Draft pours golden amber capped by a slight off white head that leaves some lacing. Nose of pepper. Taste is pure heat, peppers, and some citrus on the finish. The heat is strong and lingering. An impresssive example of what can be done, but this is virtually a beer one could never turn into a session.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Slipstream (2281) - USA - FEB 16, 2013
From a cask at The Bronx Ale House, while watching some playoff football. A really interesting variation on BPís flagship IPA. Lots of chili spice and hop resin makes for a lively, intense, eye-opening brew. This is being a little under-rated imho, maybe by people who arenít crazy about capsaicin in their beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Christpuncher (2280) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 8, 2014
An awesome ipa with a hot punch finish. Nice blend, you get the citruscy ipa first slightly bitter with a lunch if heat to finish. Love this. Ha at world of beer ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
rougeau13 (2275) - Richmond, Texas, USA - AUG 19, 2015
Clear orange-amber with a whitish head. Aroma of citrus, habanero, tropical fruit, peach, and bread. Taste is full of citrus with a nice, but relatively mild, dose of smokey habanero; that is, the flavor is there, but the heat is pretty light considering what it is. Medium bodied, average carbonation, medium hot. More please.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SDalkoholic (2274) - Linda Vista, California, USA - JAN 13, 2012
On cask @ OíBrianís: Poured a different color than I remember from the regular sculpin and appeared as a lighter golden blonde. Tiny formation of head which eventually fizzed out leaving the liquid naked. The aroma is not as easy for me to smell due to the food and atmosphere here at OíBrienís but it does smell very similar to the original recipe. As for the drink, the taste is full of pine and citrus fashioned hops while a heavy spice flavor coats the back of my throat. The habanero is so apparent that lips begin to burn and even a bit of irritation in my stomach as if I ate a spicy dish of Thai or Indian curry. This has to be the strongest chili peppered beer Iíve come across.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TheJester (2251) - Peterborough, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 28, 2015
355 mL bottle. Looks like Sculpin. Wouldnít really guess there are habanero peppers in here from the aroma. But the flavour . . . wow! No holding back here. Too much, really, as the heat overwhelms everything else.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
portableparty (2248) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - FEB 21, 2015
12 oz. bottle. Pours gold orange with a large frothy head. Aroma has pepper and heat. Taste is hot peppers spicy and rather hard to put down. The heat just lasts and gives me no interest in going back. Maybe I should have a side car of blu cheese and then I could possibly finish this. Interesting, but not a beer for drinking, in my opinion. Now what do I do with the other 5...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
malrubius (2242) - Springfield, Vermont, USA - MAY 4, 2015
Bottle from Meditrina. Clear golden orange with head and lace. Nice citrus tropical fruit hop aroma with a hint of spicy hot pepper. Mild tropical fruit honey sweetness with frigging spicy, throat-burning lip burning habanero. Ouch. I guess there might be people who could drink this. I wonder if people drink it more than once by choice. Iím drain pouring it so my rating must reflect that.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
StefanSD (2218) - Lakeside, California, USA - APR 11, 2014
12 oz bottle. Clear copper pour. Aroma of chili peppers. Taste of chili peppers. Decent heat too. I kinda liked it, kinda didnít. If anyone out there wants a bottle let me know, I donít see myself downín a whole six pack.