overall

RATINGS: 441   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.6   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Brewed with madras curry, caynne pepper, cumin, toasted coconut, and kaffir lime leaf, Indra Kunindra is a 9% ABV stout brewed in collaboration with homebrewer Alex Tweet. It was brewed for Holiday Wine Cellar’s 46th Anniversary Homebrewers Competition. First batch at 9%, others at 7%.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Marheb (2855) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 12, 2012
La noix de coco, le cumin et le cayenne s’unissent au chocolat pour me gifler de saveurs!! Plus elle se réchauffe, plus le curry et le cumin performent. Ça fonctionne.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jbruner (2850) - Athens, Georgia, USA - NOV 16, 2012
Pours an opaque black from the bottle with thin brown head and light lacing. Aroma of lime, spicy curry, and roasted grains. Taste is freaking weird, but awesome, an indian curry explosion in a beer form. Chili picks up and coconut comes out more as it warms. Weird, awesome, I want more.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jrob21 (2842) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - MAR 6, 2014
Bomber. Relatively new addition to the Georgia scene. It is starting to look like San Diego every time I walk into the beer store now. Not too bad. This is definitely spice with the cayenne pepper dominating most everything. Not a bad thing, just why’d you add all that curry and everything else in there. I take that back. You get some curry and more coconut in the aroma. The stout gives this is a nice base beer to bounce off all these spices. A one time thing for me on this one but it is an interesting drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Huhzubendah (2820) - Washington DC, USA - FEB 6, 2014
On draft at Ballast Point in Little Italy. The beer is black with a thin beige cap. The aroma brings chocolate, hot pepper, spice. Some dark chocolate with oranges and citrusy spice. Heat gains strength and intensity as I make my way through the beer. Cayenne pepper and spicy heat lingers amid dark chocolate. Not too heavy. This beer achieves its intended purpose, and for that, I will give credit. However, I don’t see myself returning to this one, as I don’t find pleasure in the combination of beer and spicy heat.

Damico (2797) - Royersford, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 27, 2013
Wow - one of the most unique brews I have ever tasted! The beer poured dark and unclear on tap with a big creamy head. The aroma was sweet and delicious, unique candy like sweetness from the lime leaf and maybe the curry somehow?! The flavor starts off like a roasted stout or brown ale, nice, but then immediately the curry and pepper hits the palate with the coconut and kumin in the background. The kaffir limes help balance the whole thing out as was done in the aroma. I really learned to like this beer with its complexity as the glass went down. The aroma was thoroughly enjoyed for sure.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beastiefan2k (2762) - Emerald City (formely NYC & KS), Washington, USA - JAN 22, 2013
Damn what an interesting beer or at least a novel beer. I have wanted to try this for a while and I so wanted to share this with the beer geeks back in KS but checked baggage costs are so high. Either way, pours like a regular stout and good god all mighty the nose hits you like an Indian rock. Damnnnnnn, someone get me a mango lassi to go along with this beer. Its strong and I like Indian food but I do not loooooveeee Indian food, so its a bit of a conundrum. Flavor is better, more subdued, get some stout and strong but not hella (as the kids say) strong curry. Heat, the heat between me and this beer. its not the pepper ale type heat, its a small but constant heat that comes in waves and burns the top of your intestines, I love it. Cool beer. Bottle is filter clean after the last pour. This one is with you in mind Eric.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
chinchill (2755) - South Carolina, USA - OCT 6, 2013
Aroma: lime curry and dark bread. Flavor: Wow!  spicy curry with a fine stout in a bottle. Smooth but a bit thin.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Reynolds314 (2753) - Connecticut, USA - FEB 16, 2012
This is a strange beer. Im glad I got to try it but it is very strange. Aroma is coconut curry to the extreme with notes of lime citrus. Taste is more of the same. Really has very few "beer" flavors as all I tend to get is coconut curry and lime on aroma and taste. Worth a try if you love indian food.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
mjg74 (2715) - Salem, Oregon, USA - SEP 18, 2012
Bomber from Windy City. Nose is very herbal. Herbal and quite spiced. Cayenne is fairly hot. Interesting coconut finish. Quite different. Pretty tasty actually.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
iowaherkeye (2698) - Ocean Beach, San Diego, California, USA - JAN 10, 2012
Phone rate at Tiger!Tiger! Many pours over the last couple weeks. Black with beige head. Dark chocolate and coconut dominate, lime and roasted malt, mod amount of earthy spice. Flavor is still pretty tropical with the coconut lime notes, fairly earthy with bitterness at a 3, spicy heat at a 2-3. Alcohol well masked, alcohol too. Medium body, low mod carbonation. I didn’t love the first glass. 2-3-4 and five I loved it.