overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 141   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.03   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
A classic German-Style Beer, Brewed in San Diego. Our Longfin Lager has become one of the go-to beers with the team at the brewery. A solidly balanced Helles inspired Lager with a clean, slightly hoppy finish that could easily fit in at any German beer garden. We think itís perfect for enjoying on the beach, the boat or anywhere else you can put an ice chest full of beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Slipstream (2040) - USA - DEC 1, 2013
On tap at Bronx Ale House. A bland lager, with a little corn sugar-like sweetness. Very light body and hops. Come on, Ballast Point - you can do better than this.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
madmitch76 (15309) - , Essex, ENGLAND - NOV 27, 2013
24th November 2013
Hazy pale gold beer with a short lived white head. Light crispy palate. Dry pale malt. Strong minerals. Forensic trace of citric hop. Crisp finish. Muted and dull and a bit dry.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Brentv (369) - Portland, Oregon, USA - NOV 2, 2013
No, I canít say I liked this one. First impression was it tastes like Coors. Sampled at a free tasting offered by the brewery rep. From a can. Pour is straw yellow. Not much aroma. Taste is plain and not very interesting. I might have liked it better with more than a swallow of a sample, but this just turned me off. I see Ballast Point has some well-liked beers, but this wasnít a good first impression for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BARRYBEERBARON (24) - USA - OCT 26, 2013
Super Easy to drink. Great overall beer. Not overly complicated as to where its really unique.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
HonkeyBra (3420) - Lemont, Illinois, USA - OCT 25, 2013
UPDATED: OCT 26, 2013 12 oz. can, from notes. First beer I had in my new house. Pours a bright golden pour with a styrofoam head. Aroma of herbal and floral hops, with bready lager sweetness. Flavor is bready sweetness balanced by floral hop bitterness. Medium bodied, interesting but not really that interesting. Finishes mildly bitter.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Bartzilla (534) - La Mesa, California, USA - OCT 22, 2013
I get this in 6 pack cans. Nothing glamorous here. Itís an easy drinking lager and I just had one right after a Tecate. Marginally better. Though I wasnít expecting to be blown out of the water either. Iíd only suggest dumbing down the price of a 6íer a little, especially if this is the intended nature of this beer. Donít get me wrong, not a bad beer for a standard lager, but for $10.99 a 6 pack, I was hoping for something notable to write about. Doesnít get me shit-housed like Big Eye, so thatís a plus. Still $4 cheaper than a 6 of Sculpin, so thatís good too. One little thing that irks me, however... the cans are packed so tight that itís impossible to crack one open, even as slow as possible, without it spraying globules of beer over everything in an 8-12" diameter. I like the beer and I love LOVE Ballast Point beers, but I canít return to this on the regular.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
ryecatcher (804) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 22, 2013
Can. Pale. Straw. Yellow. Head? Yes. Retention? Not exactly. Nose? Piss. Taste? Grain. Summary: Boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring. Note: if this was a ímacroí brew, it would have gotten a more interesting rating due to exceeding expectations, but seeing as Ballast Point (up to this point) hasnít disappointed me, this one doesnít deserve the creative energy of a real review. Yes, Iím currently drunk and normally a dickhead anyway.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
adnielsen (9247) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - OCT 21, 2013
GABF 2013. Pours a clear yellow appearance with a lasting white head. A bit grassy, somewhat husky, lemon, light cracker aroma. Crisp, somewhat dry, toasted malty, light lemon flavor. Pretty easy drinking, basic brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BobbyAnalog (334) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 11, 2013
A little too sweet. Uninhibited maltiness meets salt water taffy. Longfin has the nose of apple peels. The color is an obligatory off-tan, yellow.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bmsulliv (169) - - OCT 10, 2013
Delicious biscuity aroma. Super clean and crisp, great sushi beer. Golden yellow like a saison. Great ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone