Ballast Point Tongue Buckler Imperial Red Ale - Rum Soaked Oak Chips

Ballast Point Tongue Buckler Imperial Red Ale - Rum Soaked Oak Chips
     click to upload

Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 4.1/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
This cask is pretty special. For the past year we have quietly been producing distilled spirits for release in 2009 under the brand new Ballast Point Spirits label. As we are nearing release dates for the first of our products, this will serve as a neat preview. Aged on Three Sheets Rum soaked Oak Chips.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Naven (1000) - Poway, California, USA - APR 11, 2009
On Cask @ brewery. Holy christ was this a booze bomb. Big, sticky, boozy hop bomb, and I loved it. Can’t wait to get my hands on some Ballast Point spirits.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
WeeHeavySD (3360) - San Diego (Hillcrest), Oregon, USA - APR 9, 2009
1st rating of this extra special cask from the scripps ranch location. Damn, I was debating whether or not to make the drive for this, and damn, I’m glad I decided to make the drive. Poured orange with a very nice stable tan 2 finger head. Nose is sweet and hoppy and smooth. Taste is sweet with resin, and hoppy, balanced malts and a nice smooth rum. Damn good. Damn Damn Good. Excellent, to see a collaboration between both side of BP, looking forward to trying the rum and having this beer again. I had a pint of this, and it went down super smooth, if i didn’t have to drive i could have pounded these all day.