Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 375   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
A fresh, unfiltered brew perfect for lazy summer days. Our Wahoo White is brewed with unfiltered, un-malted wheat and oats that give it a distinctive cloudy complexity. True to the Belgian tradition, this Witbier boasts a refreshing, citrusy flavor thanks to the orange peel and coriander we add to the boil. This makes Wahoo an ideal beer for year-round beach weather.

ordybill (824) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - SEP 7, 2014
Ballast Point Wahoo White is my favorite witbier and the best beer I have had from Ballast Point (I have said this once before, but since then I got my hands on this gem). This is my first max score of 5 and it is an impressive beer if you are a fan of witbier.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
iamqueensblvd (247) - , Iowa, USA - JUL 11, 2009
One of the best wheat beers i have had. great bread flavor, and i added the orange after intial tasting which made it phenominal.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
kidmartinek (4046) - austin, Texas, USA - JAN 20, 2013
Pours a brighter yellow with a large white head like a wit. Weak lacing, but the aroma is all wheat. The beer is easy enough to drink, too easy I mean. Its good and full flavored and not stupidly strong like most american "try to be popular" beers these days. The flavors are oak, wheat, smoke, and cilantro spice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
akinm (282) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 22, 2002
This is a great beer. Spicy aroma is easily detected. the fun of this one is the appearance, just like DaSilky has already said. Cloudy but bright at the same time. the flavor is refreshing yet complex. fruity and citrussy flavors come jumping out on the tongue and the carbontaion makes the beer dance across the tongue. Very nice beer for a hot day of fishing. RERATE: I had to up the flavor point on this one today because it was so good with my lunch today. And the appearrance is still incredible, a hazy yellow-green that absolutely glows.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Damico (3000) - Royersford, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 31, 2009
The aroma was slightly wheat, but not strong enough. It pours thick and cloudy and has a delicious, crisp wheat flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
clingman71 (297) - Centerville, Ohio, USA - JUL 7, 2005
this has that slightly sour Belgian flavor that most American Belgian Wits do not have, excellent, very fresh on draft at the brewery

wlajwl (4923) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - MAR 20, 2012
Aroma is wheat grain and a subtle spiciness. The flavor is lemon/citrus, a mild tartness and a good malty undertone. Very subtle in flavor, nothing was too strong but blended very well in the flavor.

MarinEvelyn (722) - Wisconsin, USA - JAN 17, 2015
Wheat, strong citrus, good amount of yeast. Big and bold, a very enjoyable beer. I like it

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Chad9976 (1501) - Albany, New York, USA - SEP 8, 2015
Is it just me, or does it seem like less American breweries are making witbier these days? I don’t know why since they tend to be so light and refreshing – they definitely have crossover appeal for the mainstream. Ballast Point Wahoo White is one of the best American examples of the style I can recall: true to form, tasty, and easy to drink. Plus the price is right, too. Why are we just now getting this beer here?

I poured a 12oz can into a flared snifter. It was canned on 7/11/15 and a six-pack cost $12.49 ($2.08 per can or $0.17 per ounce).

Appearance: A very hazy shade of bright yellow/pale orange. Pours to an average-sized, white, soapy head which mostly dissipates and leaves some lacing.

Smell: Orange fruit with noticeable wheat and a lightly sweet cereal scent.

Taste: There’s a light tartness up front akin to that found in orange juice. In fact, there’s a lot of orange flavor to be found in this beer due to its use of orangepeel in the brewing process. Wheat and oatmeal also create for a bit of a slight cracker character and a cereal sweetness. Coriander quickly follows right at the crest of the swig and imparts a quick spicy note. It complements the orange flavor quite nicely. Additional orange and coriander flavors on the backend, but everything fades away quickly and completely. I would not consider this a particularly complex palette, nor even a strong one, but I will say it’s a good-tasting brew.

Drinkability: The word “crushable” gets thrown around a lot as marketing hyperbole these days, even though few truly deserve that term. Ballast Point Wahoo White absolutely does, though, since it’s light and crisp, yet genuinely refreshing in the mouth. The calm carbonation makes it very smooth going down and the clean finish means it doesn’t leave you parched. At only 4.5% I’m quite impressed by the amount of flavor here and I definitely consider it a candidate for a summer session beer especially considering the fact it comes in cans.

RATING: 9/10

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Em (102) - USA - MAR 28, 2010
A little creamy with a citrus taste with some melon flavors in it. A hint of coriander and light hint of orange. One of my favorite beers that I have regularly. For sure a favorite!!