overall

RATINGS: 1318   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.46/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
A traditional dark beer based on old recipes. "Baltika" brews this beer with the best dark and light malts with the addition of superior hop types and a special strain of yeast. Crystal-clear water and the secret touch of "Baltika"’s brewers make this a beer of unsurpassable quality.
The ingredients are water, caramel malt and burnt roasted malt, maltose syrup and hops. 17°

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerRules (243) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 28, 2005
Smells malty, sweet, toffee, bit of cocoa powder, molasses. Taste is sweet caramel, roasted, metallic, bit of fruitiness (reminds me of nectarines for some reason). Nice creamy mouthfeel with a lingering sweetness. I like that sweetness, but wish it had a bit more roastiness to it. Nice beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
stegosaurus (1882) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 22, 2005
poured a dark brown with a nice sized tan creamy head, fruits are present in aroma as well as some roasted malts. the taste had fruits present as well along with soime sweetness, bitterness, a smooth porter, decent body, this beer is drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tplindler (37) - California, USA - JUL 20, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 26, 2005 The best Russian beer I’ve ever had. Pours deep brown with nice creamy head. Goes down easy with little after taste. Somewhat sweet and creamy. Highly recommended.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
bkurtz (1018) - PERU - JUL 19, 2005
Bottle Poured a deep brown with a full, slightly creamy head. A litter biiter hops and a sweet malt. Nice balance and great winter warmer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Indra (2711) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - JUL 18, 2005
500ml bottle. Aroma is sweet and rich, with notes of molasses, milky chocolate, raisin, vanilla and faint roastiness. Deep brown-black color with an uneven tan head. Flavor is toasty to start and very lightly bitter to start, with a darkly fruity middle reminiscent of prune and licorice and having a big, sweet, dark brown sugary finish. Somewhat thin on the palate, body is medium-full. Interesting enough, in its way.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
crazyvin (2026) - New York, USA - JUL 17, 2005
poured a blackish bown hue with s thick tan head, no retention. Really cream and modrate roast presence. swwet cholate and honey notes. real smooth.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Nate (3998) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 15, 2005
Rich caramel and roasty malt sweetness. Molasses and Twizzlers, Bohemian malt and light fruity hops. Coffee and anise notes, cocoa. Earthy, grassy, herbal. Dark black-brown clear, with thin light tan lacing head. Medium heavy watery body with medium carbonation. Starts malty and sweet, reminds me of doppelbock. Caramel and coffee, anise. Mild carbonic tang and saltiness toward the finish. Light dry roasted malt and bitterness. After is grainy and mildly sweet. Just a bit watery overall, but nice taste. Hint of the 7% abv.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
USAFRuss (2) - Charleston AFB, South Carolina, USA - JUL 10, 2005 does not count
I was deployed to the "-Stans" a couple of months ago. While at one air base we were allowed two beers, twice a week. Since this was a Russian speaking country we had, of course, Russian beers to choose from. Due to only being allowed two beers, we all went for the highest alcohol content we had to choose from. No. 6 was the highest content in the biggest bottle....We have a Winner! The odd fact is that this was a really good beer. I was blown away at how good aroma and body was. Rich chocolatey malt flavor with a kick. If I could find this beer locally, I would keep some on hand all the time. Very good brew!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
barenada (211) - Georgetown, Indiana, USA - JUL 9, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 10, 2005 (bottle) I was quite impressed by this. An aroma that I can only describe as chocolately-grapey. A flavor that stayed with me from the time my lips touched it to the time I swallowed - very consistent. Quite yummy. I wish I’d had another one.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
usasig (2) - USA - JUL 6, 2005 does not count
poor bottling, brownish black frothy, acidic porter, didnt like it what can i say!