overall

RATINGS: 735   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.16   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
A strong lager beer with a taste close to classic lager varieties. The flavor is light and there is a suggestion of malt, together with sweetish notes and mild hops bitterness.
Ingredients: water, light barley malt, maltose syrup and hops.
Produced since 1998. 16.5°

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAR 23, 2005
In the 16.9 oz bottle. Surprisingly, I liked this beer. Standard yellow in color with a fizzy white head that is poofy only a short time. At first, the aroma seemed slightly skunked, but this aroma gives way to a malty perfume-like aroma. Flavor is a strong alcoholic maltiness, but it has a tempered sweetness and a suggestion of some hop balance. Kak dela tovarich?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - MAR 22, 2005
500 ml bottle. Dense opaque bubbles eventually give way to a pale slightly oily gold with a huge whie lasting head and fair lacing...sweet, grainy, lightly alcoholic nose becomes quite boozy as it warms...very sweet, cheap liquor-ish body, bubblegum faintly present, full and somewhat oily, metallic and very alcoholic at the finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
brentfeesh (1207) - Mansfield, Ohio, USA - MAR 21, 2005
What did I do to my local beer store to make them suggest this to me? They were under the false understanding that it was a pale ale; and consequently, so was I. So I bought 4…Who needs to trade for a malt liquor fest!...anyone...anyone...The price should have been the give away. Anyhow. Malt liquor here I come! Pours a very clear pale gold or onion color. Nice thin white head with good-looking carbonation. The aroma is sweet malt and corn (don’t know what “horse blanket” smells like but ChrisPants sure thinks this is it). The flavor is sweet malt with corn hints. If I stretch I might also say bubblegum or cotton candy. In my initial rating I as I was drinking I noted, “This is an awful lot like a malt liquor”. Well what do you know…Finally; I did not think this was the worse malt liquor I’ve ever had. And it was my first Russia brew.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Bigsky66 (148) - Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 16, 2005
Cabbage aroma witn slight fruit taste. Alcohol burn finish. Pretty much par for the course on this type. Overall has some sweet malt flavor just should come in a forty.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
ChrisPants (317) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAR 4, 2005
The ugliest beer. Handcrafted by Petrogradians to "git ’er done." Pours cheap watery straw, aroma of wet horseblanket. Flavor of wet horseblanket. View further comments on www.wethorseblanket.com. Finishes predictably malty with a fuzz on your teeth. Not just my teeth-this will lieave fuzz on YOUR teeth for even reading this review.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Wacher (129) - Århus C, DENMARK - FEB 28, 2005
Meget lys - tror ikke jeg har set så lys en øl før. Skummet er helt hvidt og holder fint, med gardiner. Aromaen er ikke så god, dufter lidt af salt, hav og tang! Men derudover forstår jeg OVERHOVEDET ikke hvorfor folk er så hårde ved denne øl. Alkoholen er enormt godt gemt, og der er en meget rar tørhed over malten. Jeg kan godt lide den! Dejlig blød og sød eftersmag.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
heemer77 (5099) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - FEB 23, 2005
Light gold color with a thin white head. Aroma is a perfumy corn and some flour. The taste is biscuits with some flowers and tobacco. Finishes wth corn sweetness. Has a bit of alcohol in the finish. Best by September 20, 2005.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
nquantz (28) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - FEB 14, 2005
Light amber color. Medium head that dissipates slowly. Light cabonation. Taste is not as bad as some of the reviewers claim, but not very interesting either. Similarly, the high abv is not overwhelming, but is evident. Basically, a high octane light beer that is not bad, but not memorable either

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Cornfield (5473) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - FEB 7, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 20, 2005 This looks good, nice golden color with a sustained, creamy white head. But it smells like it was filtered using someone’s gym socks, then stored in an uncured skunk’s bladder. Soft in the mouth, it’s sweet yet burning, leaving with a hot, metallic finish. I thought the Cold War was over. Why is Russia sending us this malt liquor? My tongue is hot, my stomach is churning, my eyes are watering, and my bowels are involuntarily relaxing. Gotta go now...

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Liquors, Bridgeview, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
1FastSTi (3334) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 31, 2005
Aroma: Skunk. Appearance: Very golden urine. Nice head with good lacing. Palate was dry yet lively. Flavor reminds me of Special Export. A bit skunky. Grainy. Hint of astringent.