overall

RATINGS: 732   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.16   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
A strong lager beer with a taste close to classic lager varieties. The flavor is light and there is a suggestion of malt, together with sweetish notes and mild hops bitterness.
Ingredients: water, light barley malt, maltose syrup and hops.
Produced since 1998. 16.5°

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
jfm (1724) - Holbæk, DENMARK - DEC 9, 2003
Light golden color with a decent white head. The taste is kind of watery with notes of light malts and light sweet hops. Finishes with notes of alcohol.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
SirTom (88) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 5, 2003
Pretty terrible. The first and possibly the last russian beer I will try. * Had this at a beer club meeting with many other beers, hence I don't remember all my comments - only the ratings which I wrote down at the time.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
Jedsbrew (465) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - DEC 4, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 25, 2004 Medium gold in color with a moderate fizzy head and an aroma that was somewhat fruity and boozy. Light to medium bodied and sweet, with a doctors office alcohol presence and a few hops in the background. The finish was slightly bitter and the alcohol lingered. I read somewhere that for health reasons the Russian government is trying to encourage the populace to switch from vodka to beer, and that may be a reasonable goal, but I don't think they're going to solve anything serving this stuff.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
TheBeerGod (5168) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - NOV 21, 2003
Pours a translucent gold. Spider-webby tall white head. Nose is malt and light alcohol but I could swear I smell a hint of cinnamon. The taste is a suped up lager with more malt, sugar and alcohol. It's not bad, just not complex or creative. I was hoping for a more extreme European beer a la Eku 28 or Urbock 23 but got a Pilsener Urquell on steroids. Decent, but their porter is MUCH better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - NOV 14, 2003
I hope this is the same beer as my bottle said pale beer. If it is I cannot understand the rating. While I am unfamilier with malt liquer this to me did taste like a mild pale ale. I thought Malt liquer was supposed to be sweet? This had only a undertone of it. Kind of similer to bass with its mild sour and sweet flavor. While not something I would buy a case of. This was very good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
dberger624 (1028) - Phila, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 10, 2003
Bottled. I was surpised by this one. Had a nice cream flavor in this one. Stayed carbinated all the way through.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - NOV 9, 2003
Surprisingly light, and while cold at least, the alcohol takes a bit of a backseat to some great grainyness and only a slightly corn sweet, wheaty tang in the flavor. Warms up way better than any other malt liquor I've ever had! Very nice head formation, small but sustained, nice looking, atop a pretty vibrant yellow.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 20, 2003
Best Before 26.07.04. Freshness does count with this one. Straw color with a tall off white head. Light malt, light fruit and lightly floral hops aroma. Quite clean, but not a lot there. Some lace. Initial malt sweet wisked away by alcohol. Finishes with a mild bitterness and a nice maltiness. Malt Liquor lovers unite! Really is too strong for the light thinness of this brew, but better than most malt liquors. Keep it cold.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - OCT 15, 2003
Interesting bottle, I thought that the cyrillian on it would mean high quality. Boy was I wrong. Though its infinitely better tasting than 40 style malt liqours, I was disappointed by what i thought would be some pale beer. Oh well, live and learn.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ogivlado (5539) - Zagreb, CROATIA - OCT 14, 2003
Bottled(500ml). -pale yellow coloured, sweet alcoholic aroma, quite good malt liquor