WhiteAlePower (91) - Long Island, New York, USA - APR 19, 2006
1.2 AROMA 2/10 APPEARANCE 2/5 TASTE 2/10 PALATE 2/5 OVERALL 4/20
Bottle. Far too malty (burnt), no head, and a crap hoppy finish. Rus is not known for her master breweries... just her wodka!
sistinas (91) - Mountain View, California, USA - SEP 26, 2010
2.5 AROMA 3/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 5/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 10/20
Bottle. Pours straw yellow with a decent head. Smells like a meadow with dog pee in it. Flavor is sweet almost like cheap honey with some grass notes. Finishes with a fair bit of astrigency but is otherwise pretty light on the palate. Not good but would not object to drinking a bottle on a hot summer night where I wanted to get drunk and go to sleep. It’s cheap, at least.
andershn (90) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - DEC 4, 2004
1.1 AROMA 3/10 APPEARANCE 1/5 TASTE 3/10 PALATE 1/5 OVERALL 3/20
50 cL glass bottle. Practically no carbonation and consquently no head (colour is light yellow with a tinge of green). Aroma of wet hay and alchohol; the same components in the flavour together with a taste of soap! Really awful. The bottle I had may not have been properly sealed, but I am not willing to give it another try.
SirTom (88) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 5, 2003
1.2 AROMA 1/10 APPEARANCE 1/5 TASTE 3/10 PALATE 1/5 OVERALL 6/20
Pretty terrible. The first and possibly the last russian beer I will try. * Had this at a beer club meeting with many other beers, hence I don't remember all my comments - only the ratings which I wrote down at the time.
jcdsmack (88) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - SEP 25, 2008
3.2 AROMA 5/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 6/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 15/20
Nice malt heaviness nice bohemian style hops. Good Lager nice ABV. I wouldn’t rave about it or anything but it’s a typical represntation of the basic style.
sharkweek (87) - Statesboro, Georgia, USA - APR 1, 2013
0.9 AROMA 1/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 2/10 PALATE 1/5 OVERALL 2/20
On the nose I detected the faint scent of Hobo. The beer had only two flavors, alcohol and water. This beer pretty much sucked on all fronts except one. I am a soldier who just got into the kygyck republic and this is what they serve us. It is almost 9% so it helps to get you drunk. Avoid this disgrace if you have the chance.
rich916 (84) - Rancho Cordova, California, USA - JUN 27, 2012
2.3 AROMA 3/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 4/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 10/20
Bottle: Pours a light yellow with almost no head. A light sweet aroma. The flavor is strong alcohol right from the beginning with a pretty sweet experience afterward and then ending suddenly. Needs some bitterness to round out some flavor.
noid1985 (83) - Broadview, Illinois, USA - NOV 20, 2009
2.5 AROMA 3/10 APPEARANCE 2/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 10/20
16.9 oz very exciting beer- I kind of expected it to be bitter....very sweet which is mosdef. up my alley. It looks a lot like domestic brew, but tastes like champagne
aetheon (82) - The Gutter, Minnesota, USA - NOV 29, 2008
1 AROMA 3/10 APPEARANCE 2/5 TASTE 2/10 PALATE 1/5 OVERALL 2/20
UPDATED: FEB 20, 2009 slightly sweet metallic vodka flavor? pretty sure this is not what Im looking for. - drainpour - Its 8% alcohol and you can taste it. what the heck is the other 92%? medicine reject and leftover cooling water from chernobyl?
MontereyJimbo (79) - Monterey, California, USA - JUL 2, 2008
2.3 AROMA 6/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 4/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 6/20
I would have liked this a lot better if the taste was not overwhelmed by the alcohol content. But then I suppose the Northern Russia winters are conducive to drinking as much alcohol as you can get to keep warm. No Thank Yew!