Baran Mørk Sky

click to upload

Brewed by Baran Bryggeri
Style: Dry Stout
Bergen, Norway

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Palme (3533) - Bergen, NORWAY - NOV 1, 2013
On tap @ Baran. This is a deep deep dark - almost black one with a almost nitro-looking light creamy ashy top. Looks good. Smells quite roasty and I have to say, quite delicious. Some salty tones with sweet soy sauce and a soft dry roasty chocolate tone. I like this. It’s quite lively on the carbonation this! Almost what I would call fizzing. The taste is almost as impressive as the aroma. Chocolaty ashes with both cocoa, licorice, it’s light lactal and softly sweet in a dry way. So drinkable, tasty and I think I’m almost starting to repeat my self here, impressive. 04.01.2013

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ClubGonzo (4175) - Bergen, NORWAY - JAN 18, 2013
On tap @ Baran Cafe, Bergen. Pours a black body with a small off-white head. Nose is cocoa, eggnog-like alcoholic tones, dark chocolate, coffee, and hints of nuts. Taste is roasty ash-like cocoa and milk chocolate tones, with hints of coffee and nuts. Medium body and carbonation. Rather sweet, but with loads of flavor for the low ABV. By far the most successful beer from Baran so far.