overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 313   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.2   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
This Golden Sorghum Lager will appeal to beer drinkers who prefer the lighter taste of lagers produced by the major brewers, such as Anheuser-Busch, Coors, Miller, and Heineken. This ale has a light crisp taste to meet the thirst quenching requirements of the lager style while still having enough body to interest the ale drinker during the spring and summer seasons. This beer has low bitterness and a subtle but pleasant hop aroma that will gently caress the senses.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Scubatrip (604) - Annandale, Virginia, USA - AUG 20, 2005
Very thin when poured out of the bottle. Very very pale yellow with a thin white head. A rather wheaty aroma, smells quite similar to a random pilsner. The taste leaves something to be desired. Initial taste isn’t bad, but finishes with the taste of stale creamed corn. It’s far from my favorite beer, but if it’s targeted to you, please give it a shot.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
badgerben (4502) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - AUG 13, 2005
Gold color with no head. Very odd aroma that struck me as bubble gum mixed with freshly cut grass. Pretty appealing. Dry hops taste with a clear wooden finish. Different, but pretty good.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
GonZoBeeR (2941) - Ste-Eulalie, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 5, 2005
Aroma:gold malt aroma.... Appearance:very clear gold,good head.. Flavor:Very good malt flavor,bread...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 31, 2005
Looks like it’s gonna be a light ale - nice gold color, sparkly, medium head with light lacing. Light sweet fruit aroma. Taste starts off ok; malty with a little herbal hop finish. I hated the overall finish though, it took on this chemical flavor that just left a horrible taste in my mouth afterwards - is that flavor from the sorghum? I wouldn’t drink this again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JUL 30, 2005
Reading the commericial description, what kind of brewer would intentionally try to appeal to those who prefer Coors, Miller, etc? I guess they succeeded, because I find this just as rancid/repulsing/awful as the macros.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
noelcb (271) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - JUL 28, 2005
Mounds of rocky white foam rocketed from the bottle as soon as it was opened, kept coming, meaning you’d better use a 24-oz. glass. I lost half the damn bottle. Big rocky head took forever to recede leaving really big lacing. My appearance rating reflects that it had a great long-lived head BUT it just was too much of a good thing. Getting beer everywhere before you even get a sip detracts from the beer experience. I want my over-priced craft beers IN me not ON me! Beer was mostly clear brass color. Aroma was metallic, rusty, with hops, fruit esters and alcohol. Taste was tangy sour fruit, apple and citrus, with an herbal character. Quite sweet, some malt but definitely light on taste, the tiniest hop hit in the finish. The brewers description is reght on -- this is pretty a micro version of macro lager. A bit thin but very fizzy. If you’re a Bud drinker who is gluten-intolerant, or a sorghum farmer, you’ll like it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
YourDarkLord (1800) - Urbana, Illinois, USA - JUL 26, 2005
Pale amber with weak white head. The aroma was hops and malt trying to make their presence felt -- or smelt -- under a heavy blanket of a wet, mossy stench. Watery. Flavor was not vile but simply awful.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 4/20
kujo9 (1093) - North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA - JUL 21, 2005
12 oz bottle: Lightly hazy, ghostly yellowish pale straw color, none of the white head stuck around for the first sniff which turns out to be remeniscent of buttery dishwashing detergent! I’m guessing the light grainy flavor is the sorghum, but I’ve never had it, so I’m not sure. No fruitiness in the flavor, but there is a definite, unripened green apple flavor at first, followed by a bit of bitterness into the finish. Hop flavor is light and herbal, and again, there is a buttery diacetyl in the flavor. I’m also guessing that sorghum tastes slightly like wheat malt. Not much flavor otherwise. Medium carbonation, a bit dry in the mouth, and light bodied. I gotta tell ya, I’m not a big fan of this beer. There’s just a touch too much diacetyl in this for my liking, combined with the dish soap to be at all pleasant to my nose which translates a bunch to my palate.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Miguel (1181) - Saint-Ours, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 20, 2005
Robe blonde dorée très claire. Mousse qui s’estompe très rapidement. Arôme âcre. Beurre, diacétyl. Corps mince. Amertume éloignée.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
egajdzis (5401) - Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 19, 2005
Poured a dark straw color with a thin white head that left spotty lacing on the glass. Aroma of sweet caramel malt, toffee, and faint citrus. Taste was very bland, I got some caramel covered popcorn, herbs, and a faint hoppiness in the finish. Very watery mouthfeel.