overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 308   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.21   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
This Golden Sorghum Lager will appeal to beer drinkers who prefer the lighter taste of lagers produced by the major brewers, such as Anheuser-Busch, Coors, Miller, and Heineken. This ale has a light crisp taste to meet the thirst quenching requirements of the lager style while still having enough body to interest the ale drinker during the spring and summer seasons. This beer has low bitterness and a subtle but pleasant hop aroma that will gently caress the senses.

Note: contract brewed for Bardís Tale Beer (<A HREF=http://www.bardsbeer.com/ TARGET=blank>http://www.bardsbeer.com/).

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
TechMyst (167) - Fox River Grove, Illinois, USA - JAN 28, 2007
Consumed 8 months after production. Very clear amber with hints of ruby. Good appearance is where the ígoodnessí ends for this brew. Aroma is of sugary malts (this is a sourghum based concoction). No head and there was large bubbles lazily making their way to the top, so I figured the conditioning would not have much bite, but I was wrong. The carbonation had quite a bit of sting. mouthfeel was light to medium and left a slick palate. The tongue curling sweetness was followed by a tinny/metallic taste. Donít think Iíll try this again...I bought a single 12 oz bottle from Binnyís and Iím glad I never got the sixer...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
FistFullOfCats (163) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - NOV 17, 2006
Bottle. Pours a pee yellow with no head at all. Aroma is strange:condensed milk, raspberry, but not as creamy smelling as that sounds. Flavor similarly weird. Just sorta sweet. Lots of berries, blue and black in particular. Finishes with that pretty predictably apple skin bitterness, and a whole lot of the flavor (hands around for a while). Mouth feel not too bad, like skim milk. Not sure how to react to this beer. Defiantly not what I was expecting. Worth having once, but I personally donít think I would get it again. Unique.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
RedEft (154) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - MAR 3, 2007
Poured a yellow-amber with a non-existant head. Aroma is bizarre...smells a lot like cheap, boxed wine. And surprise! It tatstes a lot like someone spiked a typical American style light lager with cheap boxed wine. What a bizarre brew. Not what I was expecting from sorghum, though in retrospect, I wouldnít know what to expect. This tatses far less like beer than say, some of the rice-driven Hitachino brews. Well, Iím certainly glad the celiacs in the world have a "beer" to drink. Canít help but think it could be done better though.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
RxForHealth (152) - - JUN 8, 2013
Worst beer in the history of beer. Would prefer to drink Coors's Light. Taste is foul. If you don't have celiac, suggest you avoid. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone
Earlier Rating: 2/4/2013 Total Score: 0.8

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BeerInHeaven (135) - Brillion, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 21, 2014
pours clear rich gold with a small quickly fading white head. no distinct aroma, just a faint bread. Tastes crisp with a little sweetness. slightly sweet finish. no real hop presence.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
a10555 (125) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - DEC 30, 2007
This was just awful, like sucking down sugar water. I took one drink and dumped it out. Sweet Sweet Sweet thatís all i got.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
TheRatKing (113) - Alberta, CANADA - JUN 13, 2014
I had mistaken this for something entirely different. Oh well, let us try it anyway. Pours gold with a fizzy and very brief head reminiscent of soda pop. Not promising. Smells like beer, a bit of a hops note to it, which raises my hopes. Taste is... not bad. A bit overly sweet, a bit of hops presence, but it is quickly overpowered. I think if it was hit with a huge amount of hops, it would excel, but as it stands, itís just another lager, really.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Krausen (102) - USA - JUL 2, 2005
This beer was better than I expected after some of the reviews. It is light but a bit too sweet for my tastes. The nose is slighly hoppy, predominatly spicy noble characteristic. Body is right, but the finish has a very odd flavor that I can not put my finger on. It is somewhat like plastic and unfortuantely it lingers. If you are gluten intollerant and love beer this MIGHT pass.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
CptGreencoat (95) - Kettering, Ohio, USA - OCT 7, 2008
I’m a fantasy junkie. I’m in a band that writes songs about video games, grew up on Tolkien’s LoTR and have a replica of Sting (no,not the singer) mounted on my wall. Needless to say, I was pretty turned on by the name of Bard’s Tale Beer - Dragon’s Gold. Good lord, was I wrong. This beer almost has a scent. It also almost has a flavor. It has very crisp carbonation that leaves your mouth as soon as you swallow. I’d rather have a Bud Lite than this yard-trash.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
VAAC (86) - Middlebury, Indiana, USA - AUG 7, 2009
Better than the average rating suggests. Unique taste up front but familiar to anyone accustomed to major brewery American beers in its finish.