overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 306   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.21   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
This Golden Sorghum Lager will appeal to beer drinkers who prefer the lighter taste of lagers produced by the major brewers, such as Anheuser-Busch, Coors, Miller, and Heineken. This ale has a light crisp taste to meet the thirst quenching requirements of the lager style while still having enough body to interest the ale drinker during the spring and summer seasons. This beer has low bitterness and a subtle but pleasant hop aroma that will gently caress the senses.

Note: contract brewed for Bard’s Tale Beer (<A HREF=http://www.bardsbeer.com/ TARGET=blank>http://www.bardsbeer.com/).

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
RedEft (154) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - MAR 3, 2007
Poured a yellow-amber with a non-existant head. Aroma is bizarre...smells a lot like cheap, boxed wine. And surprise! It tatstes a lot like someone spiked a typical American style light lager with cheap boxed wine. What a bizarre brew. Not what I was expecting from sorghum, though in retrospect, I wouldn’t know what to expect. This tatses far less like beer than say, some of the rice-driven Hitachino brews. Well, I’m certainly glad the celiacs in the world have a "beer" to drink. Can’t help but think it could be done better though.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
RxForHealth (149) - - JUN 8, 2013
Worst beer in the history of beer. Would prefer to drink Coors's Light. Taste is foul. If you don't have celiac, suggest you avoid. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone
Earlier Rating: 2/4/2013 Total Score: 0.8

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BeerInHeaven (134) - Brillion, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 21, 2014
pours clear rich gold with a small quickly fading white head. no distinct aroma, just a faint bread. Tastes crisp with a little sweetness. slightly sweet finish. no real hop presence.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
a10555 (125) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - DEC 30, 2007
This was just awful, like sucking down sugar water. I took one drink and dumped it out. Sweet Sweet Sweet that’s all i got.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
TheRatKing (105) - Alberta, CANADA - JUN 13, 2014
I had mistaken this for something entirely different. Oh well, let us try it anyway. Pours gold with a fizzy and very brief head reminiscent of soda pop. Not promising. Smells like beer, a bit of a hops note to it, which raises my hopes. Taste is... not bad. A bit overly sweet, a bit of hops presence, but it is quickly overpowered. I think if it was hit with a huge amount of hops, it would excel, but as it stands, it’s just another lager, really.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Krausen (102) - USA - JUL 2, 2005
This beer was better than I expected after some of the reviews. It is light but a bit too sweet for my tastes. The nose is slighly hoppy, predominatly spicy noble characteristic. Body is right, but the finish has a very odd flavor that I can not put my finger on. It is somewhat like plastic and unfortuantely it lingers. If you are gluten intollerant and love beer this MIGHT pass.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
CptGreencoat (95) - Kettering, Ohio, USA - OCT 7, 2008
I’m a fantasy junkie. I’m in a band that writes songs about video games, grew up on Tolkien’s LoTR and have a replica of Sting (no,not the singer) mounted on my wall. Needless to say, I was pretty turned on by the name of Bard’s Tale Beer - Dragon’s Gold. Good lord, was I wrong. This beer almost has a scent. It also almost has a flavor. It has very crisp carbonation that leaves your mouth as soon as you swallow. I’d rather have a Bud Lite than this yard-trash.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
VAAC (85) - Middlebury, Indiana, USA - AUG 7, 2009
Better than the average rating suggests. Unique taste up front but familiar to anyone accustomed to major brewery American beers in its finish.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Burrobuns (83) - Columbia, Missouri, USA - APR 29, 2007
Wow, this was bad. Poured light yellow with no real head. Smelled like piss. Tasted like rotting grass. Couldnt finish a bottle.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
benclarkiii (73) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - APR 2, 2007
Poured with a nice amber color but with little to no head. Some carbonation. Flavor was suspect. Aftertaste was that of paper?? Maybe it is in my head. I read on the label it is made from sorghum so it could be in my head.