Bare Knuckle Stout

RATINGS: 343   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Traditionally brewed using a blend of roasted barley, pale and caramel malts, Bare Knuckle Stout is balanced with robust hopping to provide a rich and flavorful stout, with a smooth and creamy head.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
argo0 (12495) - Washington DC, USA - MAR 24, 2003
Ignorant of the brewer when I tasted this, so no one can accuse me of bias against A-B. The head lingers beneath the surface of the solid black body for a good long while before settling inteo a medium tan head. Leaves tremendous concentric lace. Aroma is fairly faint, but what there is of it is sweet and mildly roasty. Taste is medium sweet, roasty up top, finishing much the same with a short-lived bitterness in the swallow. It's a bit watery, very smooth with pretty much no carbonation.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 22, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2004 This plain sucks..I ordered it and asked who made it..and the waitress said..i need to check..so i'm drinking it..thinking this is the crappiest stout i have ever drank in my entire life..and she comes back and says...Anheuser-Busch..and I think to myself..of course...this beer is like guiness but even worse..no damn flavor at all..the aroma was sweaty day old socks..the mouthfeel was crappy and salty..the only thing this beer has going for it is the nitro'd appearance..but all in all, this was quite gross!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - MAR 20, 2003
It's comforting to know that I had a new beer, thought it really wasn't good at all and then found out it's an attempt by Anheiser-Busch to produce a stout. So it sucked before I knew they made it, which is nice. Quite pretty, dark, with a big mocha head that lasted. Nose slightly sweet. Flavor is strange, oddly lemony, somewhat roasty. Palate is simply awful, watery and lacking carbonation.