Bare Knuckle Stout

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 342   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Traditionally brewed using a blend of roasted barley, pale and caramel malts, Bare Knuckle Stout is balanced with robust hopping to provide a rich and flavorful stout, with a smooth and creamy head.

REDDOGICE (202) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 7, 2004
Hey its Anhueser- buschís first good brew. i have a set of taps in my home bar and this is the first tap.

tyndoris (1) - Deltona, Florida, USA - JUN 1, 2006 does not count
Itís so good, we want it available in the stores so we can drink it at home!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Stldsf1 (616) - Florida, USA - MAR 5, 2012
I can't even find this anymore. If you did. A blind taste test this would score much higher. But because it's brewed by AB people have a predisposed hatred of it. It's a bit chocolatier Guiness. Still a nice stout. Regardless of the brewer ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
charlelos (14) - SAN ANTONIO, Texas, USA - FEB 20, 2008
i absoloutley love this beer. i have alwasy been a dark beer drinker. and when a-b came out with this brew i was surprised extremely. one of the reasons that iím glad iím working at seaworld san antonio is because of the fact that they do have it on tap in the hospitality house.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Bodomite (34) - USA - MAR 12, 2004
I work at busch gardens so when i saw we had a new brew in the Ireland section that was similar to Guinness I just had to try. I came into the ireland pub after work and sat down and had one. I thought to myself oh its an AB beer it can be THAT good. I was so wrong! This stuff is very similar to guinness in taste and body and head.... "ALMOST" exactly alike to it. However like all AB beers this one is a bit watered down. It is a nitro beer so it has little to no carbonation. Tasted very rich and had a thick creamy head. Hints of coffee and hopes were detectable. VERY good stout! If they began selling this in stoes I WOULD BUY IT! If you ever see it and your fond of stouts give it a try! ya wont be dissapointed!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Codythegreat (149) - Carrollton, Georgia, USA - JUN 10, 2007
UPDATED: APR 13, 2008 Looks just like a Guinness and tastes very similarly. Probably the most underrated beer on this site most likely because itís an A&B product. Has a good, smooth hoppy taste with a flavor of malted barley. I first tried this beer at Busch Gardens In Williamsburg Virginia while I took part in thier Brewmasterís Club. From what the bartender told me, this beer is one of the favorites of August Busch and he likes to drink it in the "Trojan Horse". The flavor comes out more if you drink it while eating milk chocolate or smoked Gouda cheese. Only on tap. I drank this from a shaker

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
labattfreak (58) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - SEP 8, 2004
Another A-B product that I actually like. I like this better than I do Guiness. Nice work, A-B!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Aggie80 (785) - Michigan, USA - SEP 7, 2003
Great color and decent head with good lacing. Pretty mild for a stout with little of the coffee bitterness one normally expects with a stout. Bit on the weak side for flavor and too sweet for my liking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
GeniusGirl (221) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 12, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2004 Looks great. A beautiful beer. Thick, full palate, a solid stout with espresso notes. This was so great my roommate who NEVER drinks felt obligated to give it a try. I will be heading back to the Black Rose soon to have this again. Possibly better than sex. People need to get over the A-B factor and just admit itís GOOD.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
lumpsowers (287) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - MAY 18, 2009
Black chocolate pour, big nitrous head, and lace, yum. Chocolatey beery aroma. Chocolatey woody smokiness, with a slightly dry winy finish. The lack of carb doesnít hurt this at all, amazing dry stout, chewy, sweet, and slightly bready. This is made by Anheuser-Busch? Well done?