overall

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 3.61/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 198   ABV: 6.6%
A beautifully spiced golden ale. To the choicest imported malts and hops, we add organic black locust honey from Breene County, fresh Chinese white ginger and hand-peeled orange zest, making this one of our most complex ales.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
stephen (308) - California, USA - DEC 5, 2002
Not as good this year as years past. A little thin, very heavy on the ginger. Spicy hopping. Served too cold. Malt liquor nose and flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - NOV 26, 2002
Warm Holiday goodness! This is fantastic beer! For the first time in a long time I actually had two glasses of the same beer in a row! A grand mix of different spices; nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, allspice maybe? This is a beautiful beer - if you have a weekend free - make the trip to Barley’s for this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dogbrick (8237) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - NOV 22, 2002
400 beers and no end in sight. Tasted at Barley’s 10th Anniversary Party on November 21st. I have been waiting awhile to try this one, especially since I have heard tales of people visiting family in Columbus over the holidays just to get this beer. While I was a little let down, it was still a very good seasonal. Dark amber color. Spiced aroma of ginger with some hops. A little thinner than I would have hoped, and I think I should have let it warm a little to let the flavor come out more. Either way I will get another shot because I took home a growler.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Darkover (1517) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - NOV 21, 2002
Spice aroma and flavor. Dark amber color.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Panzuriel (1316) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - AUG 17, 2002
This beer had spices that were very similar to italian sausage spices. You don’t notice that at first, and when you do, it’s a little disconcerting.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Gunshy (479) - Ohio, USA - JUL 25, 2002
One of the most popular beers this brewery offers. Pours out a nice copper/amber color. Nice aroma of spice and slight citrus. It has a very interesting flavor and hides it’s alcohol content very well. Of course this can come back to haunt you later.