overall
Brewed by Bavaria Brouwerij (Netherlands)
Style: Pale Lager
Lieshout, Netherlands

RATINGS: 807   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.17   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Can, Bottle and Keg: Filtered
Sold under a variety of names as Beer, Bier, Pils, Pilsener and Pilsner, and typically with a 4.8% abv in America.
Will often have the name "Holland" somewhere on the label.
Also sold in the UK as Tesco Premium Lager.
Ingredients: Water, Malted Barley, Wheat and Hops.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
KarmanGhia (276) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - DEC 31, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 20, 2005 Yes! I bought this because I hadn’t had that wonderful skunkyness of a pils in a while, and, man, I wasn’t disappointed. This is the skunkiest nose I’ve ever experienced! The tastes are all mild but consist of butterscotch, light breadiness, and a bit of lemon pepper dryness on the back of the tongue. What can I say? Perhaps, "I hate pilsners."

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
empiman (21) - shawnee, Oklahoma, USA - DEC 22, 2004
Nice beer, good flavor from hops. Reminds me of Heineken, which I don’t mind either. Not bad....

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Pailhead (5065) - Brownstown, Michigan, USA - DEC 14, 2004
Bottle: Skunky malt aroma. Pours a pale yellow without much of a head. Sweet up front. Finishes lightly sweet, lightly bitter, and lightly skunked. Just a light flavored beer all the way around.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Brewmaster88 (53) - Petrolia, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 13, 2004
I bought a sixer of this a while back and didn’t mind it. Nice golden colour but thin head. Not bad for a clear bottle beer (imported) but I really can’t see myself buying it again, not very interesting.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
thehipone (197) - AUSTRALIA - DEC 12, 2004
Got a sixer of this for my birthday after telling someone that I liked a lot of belgian beers. Well, it’s not belgian, but it’s not bad. Has that characteristic continental lager/pilsener taste with a little more bitterness and a little less hop flavor than most import lagers. Standard golden pilsener color with light carbonation and a thin white head. Apparently this one doesn’t travel well, I think there is decent turnover in my local bottle shop, so I think I got a relatively fresh batch. why do breweries package export beer in green bottles instead of brown? THe world may never know.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
badgerben (4502) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - DEC 6, 2004
Mmmmm... another skunked out beer from the Netherlands. What have we poor souls done to deserve this?

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - DEC 1, 2004
Light Light Gold Coloring. Skunky Aroma...Grains..Little Sweet...Very Skunky...Pretty Horrible All Around....

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
YK23 (465) - Haifa, ISRAEL - NOV 23, 2004
well...i nearly puked this one how can one drink this one?!, watery, thin body, really bad nasty taste, never again!.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - NOV 14, 2004
Not a bad offering. Much better than the overhyped ghetto-wannabe-Heineken. Good initial flavor and satisfying finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Marko (4053) - Split / Zagreb, CROATIA - NOV 14, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 16, 2007 This was once (quite some time ago) my favorite beer. Why ? It’s foreign, it has a plain but maybe enjoyable taste, and everyone else said it was great. Now I know better. And it seems that those people who were "everyone else" know better too. A passable mass produced pils. Rated Premium Pils accidentaly before... copied the review here and deleted the other one.