overall
Brewed by Bavaria Brouwerij (Netherlands)
Style: Pale Lager
Lieshout, Netherlands

RATINGS: 886   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.17/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Can, Bottle and Keg: Filtered
Sold under a variety of names as Beer, Bier, Pils, Pilsener and Pilsner, and typically with a 4.8% abv in America.
Will often have the name "Holland" somewhere on the label.
Also sold in the UK as Tesco Premium Lager.
Ingredients: Water, Malted Barley, Wheat and Hops.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
BobbyW3363 (154) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 22, 2006
Clear yellow; small white head. Sweet grainy, weak aroma. Flavor is of bland corn, water, and not much else. Not nearly enough hopiness to give this beer any decent flavor or character. Pretty much no finish. This beer sucks. It’s not undrinkable, but it sucks. Actualy tastes a lot like Coors Light, but somehow less hoppy. By the way - "premium lager" is NOT the correct nomenclature for this beer. If Harp falls under "pale lager", then so does this. Harp is about the same color and WAY better. What does "premium lager" even mean anyway?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
raymow (1370) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 17, 2006
Along the lines of Heineken. Also has that typical, green bottle, slightly skunky flavor - but overall, not too bad. I’d go with Heineken 1st, but this would do.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Emil (6065) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - FEB 16, 2006
Bottle. Golden colour with a small white head. Malty aroma and a light sweet malty taste. Light body with a sweet light dry finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
JohnC (3004) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - FEB 3, 2006
I had this at a tasting at Bevmo. It’s plain, simple, basically a step above water. There is nothing special about this beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
dubb18 (30) - Springfield, Missouri, USA - JAN 24, 2006
Not bad for the price, but had a similar watery feel as that of the mass produced american beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
GarrettB (1392) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 18, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2007 Aha! We have a king! Bavaria Pilsener, sovereign in a green can, ruler of all the cheap beers! I must say, this lager did nothing to tickle my fancy, but at the same time it didn’t make my face implode like most bitter, cheap lagers do. I remember when my friend burst into the apartment, proudly decreeing his purchase of “the ultimate” beer, holding aloft Bavaria Pilsener. The Frenchman (roommate) and I both gave a derisive chortle and gave the poor sap a sip of a superior brew. However, I think the amateur beer drinker had a point. Of all the cheap and disappointing beers I’ve had (mostly lagers) this is by far the most tolerable. It’s like saying, of all the nasty diseases a person could get like leprosy, typhoid, Chlamydia, gangrene and such, compared to them the flu seems downright peachy. I didn’t even look at the color because I was too busy feeling rebellious drinking straight from the can, but the smell was your simple lager smell. It sort of reminds me of beer in cooking; basic and smells like…beer. The taste is your typical cheap swill without the contrition and guilt that comes afterwards. If I wanted to have a second beer after a quality one, maybe this wouldn’t be so bad. Real guilt is having a good beer when you’re too drunk to appreciate it. So, for those late night college parties when the good liquor is gone, Bavaria Pilsener for pittance it is. I don’t intend to find myself in a situation like that anytime soon, though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Zoso137 (52) - Springfield, Missouri, USA - JAN 15, 2006
this brew made me feel like i had an electric eel in my mouth and my finger was stuck in the car door.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
ryan (3186) - Beltsville, Maryland, USA - JAN 13, 2006
Pours pale with a big, quick fading white head. The aroma is grassy, grainy and skunky. The flavor is grassy and dry. The mouthfeel is sparkling, finish is metallic.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Ingevara (896) - SWEDEN - JAN 10, 2006
A sad replica of what once was beer, now a not so sweet soda. Total lack of everything that makes a good beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Quinten (1059) - zaandam, NETHERLANDS - JAN 5, 2006
I don’t call it a "pilsener" its a cat. 2 beer. golden color, less taste, no bitterness, lots of carbonation.