overall
Brewed by Bavaria Brouwerij (Netherlands)
Style: Pale Lager
Lieshout, Netherlands

RATINGS: 882   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.17/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Can, Bottle and Keg: Filtered
Sold under a variety of names as Beer, Bier, Pils, Pilsener and Pilsner, and typically with a 4.8% abv in America.
Will often have the name "Holland" somewhere on the label.
Also sold in the UK as Tesco Premium Lager.
Ingredients: Water, Malted Barley, Wheat and Hops.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
dubb18 (30) - Springfield, Missouri, USA - JAN 24, 2006
Not bad for the price, but had a similar watery feel as that of the mass produced american beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
GarrettB (1364) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 18, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2007 Aha! We have a king! Bavaria Pilsener, sovereign in a green can, ruler of all the cheap beers! I must say, this lager did nothing to tickle my fancy, but at the same time it didn’t make my face implode like most bitter, cheap lagers do. I remember when my friend burst into the apartment, proudly decreeing his purchase of “the ultimate” beer, holding aloft Bavaria Pilsener. The Frenchman (roommate) and I both gave a derisive chortle and gave the poor sap a sip of a superior brew. However, I think the amateur beer drinker had a point. Of all the cheap and disappointing beers I’ve had (mostly lagers) this is by far the most tolerable. It’s like saying, of all the nasty diseases a person could get like leprosy, typhoid, Chlamydia, gangrene and such, compared to them the flu seems downright peachy. I didn’t even look at the color because I was too busy feeling rebellious drinking straight from the can, but the smell was your simple lager smell. It sort of reminds me of beer in cooking; basic and smells like…beer. The taste is your typical cheap swill without the contrition and guilt that comes afterwards. If I wanted to have a second beer after a quality one, maybe this wouldn’t be so bad. Real guilt is having a good beer when you’re too drunk to appreciate it. So, for those late night college parties when the good liquor is gone, Bavaria Pilsener for pittance it is. I don’t intend to find myself in a situation like that anytime soon, though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Zoso137 (52) - Springfield, Missouri, USA - JAN 15, 2006
this brew made me feel like i had an electric eel in my mouth and my finger was stuck in the car door.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
ryan (3186) - Beltsville, Maryland, USA - JAN 13, 2006
Pours pale with a big, quick fading white head. The aroma is grassy, grainy and skunky. The flavor is grassy and dry. The mouthfeel is sparkling, finish is metallic.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Ingevara (886) - SWEDEN - JAN 10, 2006
A sad replica of what once was beer, now a not so sweet soda. Total lack of everything that makes a good beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Quinten (1056) - zaandam, NETHERLANDS - JAN 5, 2006
I don’t call it a "pilsener" its a cat. 2 beer. golden color, less taste, no bitterness, lots of carbonation.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
oldrtybastrd (4337) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - JAN 2, 2006
Pours a pale yellow color. Aromas of vegtables, grass, and malt. Flavor of dry malt with ahop finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
brauer (7) - Virginia, USA - DEC 27, 2005 does not count
This is decent European lager. Apperance is nice when poured into a glass. Nice, thick foam and very good lacing. Aroma is OK, but gets pretty sulfury as it warms. Taste is pretty decent and has a nice malty end. I’ve had this one in the green bottle and the 16 oz. can. Gotta say, the green bottles are usually skunked. Prefer this one out of a can.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
patrick767 (3918) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - DEC 27, 2005
bottle - Poured a decent looking yellow/gold, almost no head. There isn’t much going on with this beer. Palate is thin and the flavor is quite malty. The hops are very subdued. It’s better than having a Bud, but that’s not saying much.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
cbkschubert (2901) - BFE, Arizona, USA - DEC 26, 2005
Nice gold color with hardly any head or aroma. Has a faint grainy malt flavor with medium body. There’s not much here.