overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 36   MEAN: 3.54/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Rustic farmhouse ale named for "crawfish season"

jezmez68's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
jezmez68 (404) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - MAY 25, 2014
Most saisons I drink I find uninteresting. This one was very nice. I didn’t eat it along with crawfish, but I liked the yeasty, spicy aroma. Flavor was smooth, and the mouthfeel was solid. This was one of the better saisons I have drank.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Andrew196 (1205) - Katy, Texas, USA - NOV 23, 2015
Pretty good for the style, pours a hazed orange with a foamy head. Molasses and floral esters on the nose. Nice funk, not overwhelming, Medium bodied, a little stickiness to it...good bitterness to the finish, lingering.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
TXBadger (2230) - Dallas, Texas, USA - NOV 11, 2015
Pours a slightly hazy orange gold color with off-white head. Caramel malts, light funk, farmhouse saison yeastiness, and some bread on the nose; follows onto the palate. Medium bodied. Finishes with a typical saison funk and a slight spice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Bulk_Carrier (3174) - 1st Republic, Vermont, USA - OCT 14, 2015
This was poured into a tulip. The appearance was a hazy copper to burnt orange color. A slim white foamy head wrapped around the top of the glass. A moderate sticky foamy lacing clings nicely around the glass. The smell starts off with some sweet apples and sour apples. A nice bready/yeastiness slides in to balance. There is some light citrusy notes to this as well. The taste was moderately sweet with a dried spicy connotation to it which ends up reminiscing in the aftertaste and finish. On the palate, this one sat a light to medium on the body with a fair sessionability about it. Carbonation runs light. Once again, its pretty dry on my tongue. Overall, not a bad saison, but I haven’t had Southern styled crawfish in years, so I wouldn’t know how well, this really would pair. By itself, I might have this again. nd citrus notes. Taste it lemony and peppery. Perhaps I might say extra peppery. Very nice. Its very hoppy, but only slightly bitter. The peppery is very bold and very good, but anything else hides behind it. Mouthfeel is dry. It feels heavier than it really is. It finishes very clean, but a touch bitter. Overall this is excellent. I wish I had some craws to go with this. But this really would go well with them. I was a little afraid of the label, I thought maybe it was actually brewed with crawfish. I was wrong. I hope I can find this again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerRenter76 (473) - Texas, USA - OCT 9, 2015
Yeasts upfront with some hints of fruits, and hay, not bad at all. Orange body with a wispy thin white head. Flavor is also yeast forward, with a bit of hay and earthiness. Overall its not too bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
beer_rookie (265) - USA - AUG 11, 2015
Pours a copper color. Nice head, about finger and a half. Lots of interesting lacing. Its hazy, and bubbly.

Aroma, I dunno. I’m gonna say wet hay. I guess its the hops going on there. I also taste some yeasty bread, and citrus notes.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
blutt59 (6364) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 23, 2015
Bottle, orange color with thin foam, skunky lemon caramel aroma, flavor is thick, caramel and cloying finish , would like a lighter beer for crawfish

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JoeMcPhee (9051) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 9, 2015
Deep amber pour. The aroma is really fruity and peppery. Lots of rye malt and a grassy/herbaceous note that is pretty interesting. Pepper and some other spicy notes with a lingering toastedalt character. Malt component is pretty interesting and I like the yeast profile quite a bit. Fairly rustic and a little bit fruity. Really interesting yeast in this one. Opens up as it warms - really lovely brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sonnycheeba (4629) - Federal Hill, Baltimore, Maryland, USA - APR 15, 2015
Tap. Pours clear gold with white head. Aroma is cereal and lightly toasted malts, faint grassiness, and faint floral notes and hay. Flavor is dry and clean with smooth malt profile, light fruit notes, and faint hops. Medium body.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
miyauchi38 (1034) - chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 5, 2015
Saison. スッキリした&

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
dfinney23 (2531) - Houston, Texas, USA - APR 3, 2015
Pours clear amber -- could easily pass for any old lager until you get up close. Aroma of yeast and spice. Nice little peppery kick in the finish.