Brewed by Heineken Ireland
Style: Dry Stout
Cork, Ireland

RATINGS: 1068   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36/5   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Filtered and pasteurised. Available in nitro cans and nitro kegs.
Production moved to the former Murphys brewery on closure of the Beamish & Crawford brewery in 2009.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Cruddler (32) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 9, 2002
Nice stout qualities. A fine beer, but there are better out there.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Choke (96) - Massachusetts, USA - MAR 6, 2002
I really love this stuff, close to guinness but not quite the perfect pint,,,great head wonderful smooth taste and after taste will leave u wanting more

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
wnp22 (698) - Toronto (Roncesvalles Village), Ontario, CANADA - MAR 6, 2002
A Guinness knock-off. All things being equal, Guinnes would be my choice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - MAR 5, 2002
Very creamy,nice head. Similar to Guinness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dogbrick (10033) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 3, 2002
This is pretty much a carbon copy of the canned Guinness, so it has all the same strenghts and weaknesses. I would always choose a draught over a can but this is great for home use. That widget definitely has a Pavlovian effect on me. I salivate now whenever I hear it. If Budweiser ever figures that out I am in trouble.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Beertender99 (10) - Granite City, Illinois, USA - MAR 3, 2002
I’m not much on stouts that offer as much aftertaste as this. It isn’t bad, but I’ve had better. :)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Drinkingdan (375) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2002
Very nice Stout, a little on the Guinness tasting side.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
VA Homebrewer (525) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - FEB 26, 2002
OK, we all know that nitro’d stouts look great. Beyond that, what do they offer? Not much in my estimation. Absolutely NO aroma other than metal on this puppy. Thick creamy head (duh) and a black, opaque body. Watery up front; nutty in the middle; finishes with a roasted nut flavor and fairly bitter. Thin and generally bland. Nothing to write home about and I won’t be going out of my way to find this. I won’t even drink it again if it IS in my way.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
MOboy (505) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - FEB 24, 2002
Is everyone here fucking nuts?! If you are drinking this from a can, it is neither a great stout or even a decent stout. The flavor is weak and thin along with the body. This is completely a cardboard cut out of a good stout. Sure it looks great but hell does that matter when it tastes like roasted water? This is not what a stout should taste like. Even Guinness from a can is terrible. Aurther Guiness would be rolling in his grave right now if he knew what they were doing to Irish stout by putting a nitrogen widget in them. Nitrogen=thin, bland beer with beautiful creamy bland head. I’ll pass.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Beloved Beer (278) - California, USA - FEB 23, 2002
The best thing from a can I have ever had. Great flavor which was completely unexpected. Much better than guiness from a can. I hope someday I can find this stuff on tap.