overall
Brewed by Heineken Ireland
Style: Dry Stout
Cork, Ireland

RATINGS: 1047   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Filtered and pasteurised. Available in nitro cans and nitro kegs.
Production moved to the former Murphys brewery on closure of the Beamish & Crawford brewery in 2009.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
titan99 (24) - USA - AUG 5, 2001
I did enjoy this and I continue to be amazed by the draft quality of these beers. However, I think I still prefer Guinness or Mackeson.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
StoutOrDeath (121) - USA - AUG 1, 2001
I had the can ’draught flow’ version. Not bad..pretty good I guess. I had the luxury of having it beside a Guinness. No comparison. Guinness is the finest. Still, if I couldn’t find Guinness, this would be a nice alternative.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Osmin99 (120) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - AUG 1, 2001

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
SNIAT (120) - Passaic, New Jersey, USA - JUL 27, 2001
A good alternative to Guinness, with more flavor and less palate.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
fishman (350) - Philadelphia, USA - JUL 19, 2001
I must first say two things, one - this is not really my type of beer, two - I tried this after a heavier scottish ale. With that in mind I found this to be quite bland and watery. It looked very nice, and had a perfect creamy head. There was an obvious sweet/stouty aroma. As the glass warmed I noticed a bit of a nutty taste but nothing substantial. As for a verdict, the jury is still out, I want to try it again, but against some of its closer competitors. (Guiness for one)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Bgoad (27) - New Jersey, USA - JUL 1, 2001

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Indra (2606) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - JUL 1, 2001
I had this beer on tap; I don’t think it comes any other way around here. My first impression was, ’what does that taste like again?’ I had to try it again, and again, just to remember what it tasted like. I believe this is due to it not having much flavor. It’s nitrogenated, so any conventional palate and carbonation immediately becomes a non-factor. Smooth. A little too smooth, and not quite enough maltiness or hops in this one for me. I like my stouts bold, this one is meek.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
fraternie (815) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 29, 2001
Better than most stouts due to a creamier body and less harsh of a coffee/chocolate flavor. Good stout.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hoser99 (6) - Wyoming, BOLIVIA - MAY 13, 2001 does not count
Very similar to the big ’G’ with a touch more bitterness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
The Friar99 (222) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 20, 2001
A quality beer that you could opt for if you can’t get some Guinness. The after-taste is a little different but still very good.