overall
Brewed by Heineken Ireland
Style: Dry Stout
Cork, Ireland

RATINGS: 1043   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Filtered and pasteurised. Available in nitro cans and nitro kegs.
Production moved to the former Murphys brewery on closure of the Beamish & Crawford brewery in 2009.

ktarullo (1) - Delmar, New York, USA - NOV 21, 2004 does not count
Unfortuneatly Beamish is widely overlooked by the General Stout consumer by the that other Dry Stout. For those that feel it is a bit thin do a side by side with Guiness (Guiness is one of the lightest on the market)

collieman (191) - montreal, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 8, 2005
4 tinnys of beamish and a plate of chips{fries} with red curry sause. My mouth waters for those olden glory days, spent about 8 days in cork ireland. all I had was the ticket to england, my only plan was to travel, get lousy jobs and drink beer. the best 9 months of my life. Cource that was a WHILE back. Better,than guinness, heartier than murphys, beamish is amasing. Just been to a friends house, a friend who secured a keg for a party, and invited my to a pre party taste. Pours the clasic nytro imbeded white, rises to a perfect jet black with just a hint of ruby in the light. Head is just the slightest tint of brown off white. very nice laceings. Aroma is nutty, cream, and roasted. Palat is thin, and watery on the tongue, full and heavy in the throat. taste is at firts very robust roasted barley, folowed by a dance of nutty malt and chocolate, a lovley bash of sweet malt and enough hops just to slightly balance the sweetness. Undernotes are of coffie, burnt molasas, cream, mixed nuts, fig, plumb and ripe peach. Aftertaste is very smokey, with returs of coffie and chocolate, and a simple little hello from the 50/50 floral/bitter hops in the very finish. Overall, some might say that the flavours are a little muted, and that may be true, but look deeper, there’s a pot o’ gold in dere. Also once had the bottled un-nytro orignal beamish, it was a long time ago, I remember it being the same flavours as the tap but amplified, but as I say, it;s been a while, and I dont think the bottled stout is still avalible. Cheers

Jimtoxicated (1) - Kearny, New Jersey, USA - FEB 4, 2006 does not count
I don’t care if it comes in a can or not, this beer is one of the finest specimens to ever come out of a brewery. A+

Stout4stout (6) - neath, WALES - JUN 1, 2012 does not count
Simply THE King of Stouts! - In general, Irish Stouts are twice as nice in Eire as they are in the UK - (They send us the good stuff but hold back the excellent stuff for themselves - can you blame them?) Oodles of coffee flavour. More body than a mortuary after a pile-up. ? The best beer in the world ?

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
OmEyeGuinness99 (5) - USA - NOV 3, 2002 does not count

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Rstump (2) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 14, 2010 does not count
I had the opportunity to travel Ireland for ten days with a couple buddies. And we began out tour downing plenty of Guinness. When we reached Cork we got our hands on some Beamish. We never looked back. Wherever we could get the stuff (which even in its home country is suprisingly limited) we drank it. I find myself craving it regularly, with its thirst quenching quality and malted goodness. I only wish that it was readily available.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Vballnbeer (158) - Gorham, Maine, USA - JUL 6, 2013
I have not been able to find this beer for quite some time, but it is great. I did a blind tasting at a pub in Ireland between the three and Beamish came out on top. It has a little more roast than Guinness but is just as smooth. I love it!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
brownalegirl (199) - Fountain, Michigan, USA - JUN 18, 2002
My beer of choice for fall and winter. A warm taste with plenty of body to carry you through the day.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
beerjunkie1979 (1) - Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA - DEC 9, 2005 does not count
I had this beer on tap in Missoula. The malted full body was surprisingly light in weight. I was absolutely hooked by the finishing aroma and the feeling of spice in such a mysterious and unique stout.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
KingofCastle (205) - London, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 20, 2006
UPDATED: AUG 25, 2008 500 mL can: We just lost good old Beamer in Canada as well due to multinational business issues. No where near as bitter in the fnish as Guinness and way more flavour than Murphys. Mild hints of oatmeal, caramel, molasses with bigger notes of coffee. MiIld but great frothy flavours, which slightly heighten as it warms. Hard to find a stout this versatile. Anybody I give a can to, can’t believe how light it is. It is crazy how this beer can have so much flavour and yet so few calories and alcohol. What a treasure this stout is.