overall
Brewed by Heineken Ireland
Style: Dry Stout
Cork, Ireland

RATINGS: 1043   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Filtered and pasteurised. Available in nitro cans and nitro kegs.
Production moved to the former Murphys brewery on closure of the Beamish & Crawford brewery in 2009.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
birraguy99 (17) - Campana,Bs. As., ARGENTINA - OCT 31, 2001
Very good stout, good body, color and aroma. Bitterness at an ideal balance.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - NOV 3, 2001
A damn good stout. I liked this even better than Guinness. A touch richer and had a great chocolate flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheDarkertheBetter99 (27) - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA - DEC 5, 2001
Lost plenty of overall impression points for being too thin. I think Murphy’s is eve thicker. I’ve had this on tap in a pub and from the bottle. Unremarkable, I prefer any Guinness to this. This is very well-balanced, highly chugable, and woth every penny, but it’s really not worth writing hom about. If you’ve had the new Guinness in the bottle with the ’rocket widget’, and liked it, you’ll enjoy this one too.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
boyd599 (9) - USA - APR 18, 2002 does not count
The best of the Irish stouts. Better than Guinness, but it doesn’t get as much play. It’s hard to find, since most pubs will favor guinness over it, but if you can find it, drink the keg dry.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kevbo99 (149) - Dunmore, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 28, 2002
Great stout...better than Guinness...by far. if u would ever like to try a great stout try this one. u wont regret it

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jkane (21) - USA - MAY 19, 2005
Beamish is better than Guinness, but not as good as Murphy’s. I would drink it any chance I get since all three are good beers.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dwyerpg (4436) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - AUG 8, 2005
This reminds me of why I love stouts. Dark and beautiful in color and taste, and better than Guinness. I just don’t conisder it that dry, I thought it was a little sweet.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Wild4mild (38) - USA - AUG 17, 2006
Nitro Can. Had this in Cork in 98 and haven’t had the G since. Not as heavy and a lot fresher tasting. Nice and chocolatey, good level of bitterness. Slightly sweet. Awesome head and mouthfeel. Great Stout in a can!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BEERGUY007 (206) - Scotia, New York, USA - DEC 23, 2007
WOOO HOOOO, I love Beamish. God bless the Irish, Beamish and Crawford and the Cork brewing company. Of course now its brewed by Scottish and new castle. Anyway, a dry Irish stout, black in color. I love the head thick thick thick, lasts forever in my glass. Served at 46 degrees. I love the cascade of the head in my glass and watch it like a waterfall to the bottom of my glass. No carbonation, smooth like an espresso and carmel. I have a new favorite!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SanfordBrewer (1390) - Sanford, Florida, USA - DEC 11, 2009
UPDATED: DEC 12, 2009 (bk-can rd-txt, 4 pack)
black, rich, flavorful, malty, slight bitterness/astringency up front.