Bear Republic Clobberskull
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 38   MEAN: 3.52/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 315   ABV: 10.5%
This English Estate October Ale is brewed with 10% raw wheat and 10% split peas. Fermented with our house Scottish ale yeast and barrel aged for 100 days in 1st beer use French Oak barrels.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
chicagodri (1683) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 4, 2009
FoBAB. I saw this beer was made with split peas and I had to give it a try. I actually couldnít really taste split peas, but the beer was interesting nonetheless. Pours murky brown. Little bit of spices in the beer, but it had heavy sweet caramel finish. Well hidden 10.5% ABV. I liked it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
AgentSteve (1614) - SF Bay Area, California, USA - NOV 15, 2010
Pours hazy golden with an off white head. Nose is fruits and caramel with a dominating sweetness. Same in the flavor with the addition of white wine and honey.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
dm9831 (1512) - Monee, Illinois, USA - OCT 23, 2010
hazy amber, no head, trace of lace. nose of earth malt, vanilla, trace of fruit. flavor had hints of fruit, caramel, but also a pronounced corn syrupiness, almost candy corn. medium bodied, sweet finish. much too sweet for my taste. sampled at FoBAB í09.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
potbeerjob (1343) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 17, 2011
Old GABF 2010... Huge Carame malt and bread with dangerous hidden booze. really nice and easy. Oak and fruit, a touch of vanilla all come through smoothed over and nice

JoeTheYounger (1132) - Lake Arrowhead, California, USA - AUG 23, 2010
Draft at rare beer section at Stone 14th Anniversary. One of the highlights in my opinion. Golden color with white head. Aroma was very sweet sugar and some oak presence. Sweet like a barley wine almost. Very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TeamTrappist (830) - jericho, New York, USA - APR 29, 2010
Tap at Blind Tiger. Poured a light copper. Nose is malty and a bit tart. Starts slightly tart then the Belgian yeast and flavors take over. A bit of warmth. Some light fruit notes too. Ends a bit acidic and a touch sweet. But pretty good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
basspro76 (423) - New York, USA - APR 29, 2010
Drank from a tulip glass from the tap at the Blind Tiger Ale House, NY. Rich red coloring and equally rich malty, carbonated flavor. Nice little hint of sugar at the end. Good brew.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
citadelgrad (3) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 1, 2010 does not count
So tasty. I donít what to say for 75 words. I donít what to say for 75 words. I donít what to say for 75 words. I donít what to say for 75 words. I donít what to say for 75 words. I donít what to say for 75 words. I donít what to say for 75 words.