overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Low Alcohol
Bremen, Germany

RATINGS: 187   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.57   EST. CALORIES: 69   ABV: 2.3%
Only 64 calories. Less than any other beer as of June, 2005.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 26, 2005
Pour is pale pale light straw yellow and thin fast fading white white head...smell is corn and skunky...tastes like Mich Ultra...water, corn and that is all...

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 17/20
DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - AUG 14, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 29, 2005 Look, this beer deserves a high rating for tasting better than 90% of the standard American lagers while weighing in at only 64 calories. Best tasting light beer I’ve ever had. Yes, its pale yellow, yes it’s fizzy and a bit on the sour/acidic side, but my god at least it has FLAVOR! Honestly, at 64 calories it’s completely amazing that this beer has any flavor at all but Beck’s Premier Light pulls it off. Absolutely, hands down the best in its category.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - JUL 25, 2005
New low carb kid on the block. Pale yellow, fizzy light head that lasts about as long as it takes to throw away the bottle after you’ve poured it. Yes, I actually but this into one of my beer glasses. The nose if lightly husky, some humid hops and light adjunct notes. The flavor is watery, not very pronounced with a bit of metallic dusty malt taste. Finishes watery, acidic.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 23, 2005
Hey I found something on Ray’s beer list that I haven’t had - lucky me! Pale pale light yellow, fizzy looking body. Taste is almost nonexistent - a light corn sugar followed by the taste of dirty plastic grocery bag. Not the worst thing I’ve ever had, but it’s down towards the bottom of my list.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mrjd27 (19) - Jarrettsville, Maryland, USA - JUL 9, 2005
One of the best light beers I’ve tasted. Great light version of the original

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
darkerdabetter (255) - Michigan, USA - JUN 30, 2005
I know light beer is what it is, but if I had to pick one, it would be this or Sam Adams. Had this for the first time and was impressed that it maintained real beer flavors, as small as they are, they are there. And it still smelled like a Becks.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
zathrus13 (1733) - Mount Laurel, New Jersey, USA - JUN 28, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 4, 2005 Pours pale yellow, with a white head. Aromas are hops and grass. Light body followed by some bitter hops. not much taste, but better than Ultra and the other low carb beers. For what it is, and the low expectations going in, this wasn’t horrible.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
hershiser2 (1319) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JUN 23, 2005
Very light yellow, or should I say a dark nothingness. Lotsa bubbles. Beer tent smell. Almost flavorless, as if I’d mixed half a beer with half water. Flat and watery.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
themadmumis (347) - Westminster, Maryland, USA - JUN 21, 2005
One of the worst beers ever. If I wasn’t convinced by the advertisement to try it, I would have avoided it, just like I suggest to you. There are plenty of other beers to waste your money on than this crap. It tastes like old seltzer water. I would have enjoyed seltzer water more. There is a slight, tiny hint of the Beck’s taste in one sip of the bottle. Give me double the calories and a real beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
keithgeswein (2) - Arlington, Texas, USA - JUN 19, 2005 does not count
For what it is (extremely light) it is good. I wouldn’t say it is fantabulous, but then, it is only 64 calories, what do you expect?? The best you can get, FOR THE CALORIES! Pretty darn clear, very little head, yet fizzy, and very drinkable.