overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Low Alcohol
Bremen, Germany

RATINGS: 181   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.57   EST. CALORIES: 69   ABV: 2.3%
Only 64 calories. Less than any other beer as of June, 2005.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
zathrus13 (1691) - Mount Laurel, New Jersey, USA - JUN 28, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 4, 2005 Pours pale yellow, with a white head. Aromas are hops and grass. Light body followed by some bitter hops. not much taste, but better than Ultra and the other low carb beers. For what it is, and the low expectations going in, this wasn’t horrible.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
hershiser2 (1175) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JUN 23, 2005
Very light yellow, or should I say a dark nothingness. Lotsa bubbles. Beer tent smell. Almost flavorless, as if I’d mixed half a beer with half water. Flat and watery.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
themadmumis (347) - Westminster, Maryland, USA - JUN 21, 2005
One of the worst beers ever. If I wasn’t convinced by the advertisement to try it, I would have avoided it, just like I suggest to you. There are plenty of other beers to waste your money on than this crap. It tastes like old seltzer water. I would have enjoyed seltzer water more. There is a slight, tiny hint of the Beck’s taste in one sip of the bottle. Give me double the calories and a real beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
keithgeswein (2) - Arlington, Texas, USA - JUN 19, 2005 does not count
For what it is (extremely light) it is good. I wouldn’t say it is fantabulous, but then, it is only 64 calories, what do you expect?? The best you can get, FOR THE CALORIES! Pretty darn clear, very little head, yet fizzy, and very drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - JUN 16, 2005
This tastes pretty good, given that there’s less calories in it than a tablespoonful of spinach, or so it seems. Fizzy; fluffy white head, nice color - not totally clear or almost clear; decent flavor, given the circumstances. A very fine effort given the massive limitations involved. Well done.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 6, 2005
Light straw color with a foamy, wispy white head. Traditional noble hops aromas, with mild grass, and light herbs. Light and thin in feel as expected. More hops flavors than malt but still rather balanced. By far and away the best of the low carb brews. That is likely an understatement as most low carb brews that come to mind barely even tasted like beer. I can see myself drinking a few of these this summer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Cletus (6329) - Connecticut, USA - MAY 31, 2005
While at my parent’s this past Memorial Day for some BBQ, the selection of alcoholic libations consisted of all these non-beers: Smirnoff Ice, some weird-ass wine coolers, Michelob Ultra, getting to the bottom of the barrel (literally), I spied a few Becks Premier Lights. This is their attempt at a low carb beer. My mother couldn’t stop boasting about how it’s only 1 point in her Weight Watcher’s Program. Since there was nothing else to choose from and it was still too early in the day for wine, I popped open the bottle and poured it into a mug. At first glance, it looks like a beer, but it also kind of looks like piss. I take a sniff to get a sense of what I’m in for and to my surprise, actually picked up the scent of hops! I excitedly gave a taste and again to my surprise it actually tasted of hay and fresh cut grass. Really not bad for a low carb beer. This one manages to have more taste than Budweiser and all its other watery cousins.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 18, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 19, 2006 Ultra clear, almost water color (not an exageration), slight straw aroma, very minimal hoppiness. Very good for a light beer, however light beer really isn’t "beer" now is it?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
aracauna (2994) - Georgia, USA - MAY 14, 2005
Well, considering it’s a beer marketing it’s low cal, low carb content, there’s a surprising bit of flavor here. There’s a bit of sweet straw malt and the hops are evident in the aroma and flavor. Not really bad and keeps from the mindboggling blandness of Michelob Ultra and Bud Select, but still leaves you wanting something more from the flavor.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
tugdriver7 (26) - Maryland, USA - MAY 1, 2005
One of the first tips in reviewing a beer is "Keep the style in mind." This new product is not regular Beck’s. But that’s OK. It’s actually a very drinkable, smooth and tasteful competitor to the "Aspen Edges" and "Michelob Ultras" of the world. On that comparison, it succeeds very well because, frankly, it has at least some quality taste about it. It’s weaker than the Regular brew from Beck’s, yes; but for a low-carb and low-cal brew, why not drink a Beck’s? It won’t become my "regular" beer, but I think I will become a regular "Beck’s Premier" drinker. [Thanks, JB, for the sample bottle. I went out and bought some more!]