overall

RATINGS: 246   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.21   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
German Sapphire Hops. Smooth Taste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
finn1918 (190) - Georgia, USA - NOV 22, 2013
16oz can for a buck from a gas station. Pours gold with a fizzy force-carbonated head. Aroma is corn and very, very faint hops. Taste is typical pale lager with a bit more hops in the finish. I wouldn’t give this any rewards, but it’s pretty good for a pale lager.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Luvystypotables (394) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - NOV 21, 2013
No aroma, no taste, almost no color, and no palate, not much head., not much in the way to redeem this beer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
kenter2000 (34) - , Wisconsin, USA - NOV 13, 2013
Huge disappointment. With such dangerous labeling I expected something equivalent inside, some kind of forbidden elegance. What I got was a step up from forgettable. However I can’t help but think the only true lasting impression this beer has to offer is its glorious graphic design. Am I only tasting the label? Its not totally unheard of. Its actual taste is too smooth. Reminds me of breathing. Oh how the name sapphire, coupled with the chic exterior screaming trouble has tempted me for so long. Each time I go to the store I notice it, always on the top shelf for some reason. And the subtle amber diamond with the symbolic key on the front. Is this beer the key to my happiness? So I thought then. So I bought then. And at the register I made conversation with the cash register dude. We talked about whip cream flavored vodka. "it’s actually not bad with orange juice, " he said, "makes kind of a creamsicle." And I wondered out-loud if it would be good with coffee, though I new deep down it would not. Now home, drinking this lie, I hear the police radio outside my door. Has he come to confiscate this booze? Perhaps he is a company man, here to apologize. No, he is here arresting the neighbors, though that is another story. Beck, Sapphire, I have finished you, but why?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
alecanaya (53) - Iowa, USA - NOV 13, 2013
Pale lagers are generally not my favorite beers, but this one is not bad. I definitely would drink it again... if I have to

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
drdisque (495) - Illinois, USA - NOV 30, 2013
From a bottle in a pet cup. Malty and slightly malty for a lager. Decent. Better than the rating indicates.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
canarsiekid (1) - - DEC 6, 2013 does not count
Type: 12-oz. bottle Glass: Pilsner glass From: N.Y.C Price: $14.99 for a 12-pack Purchased: Dec, 2013 Misc.: Very stylish looking black bottle Use: Self AROMA: honey, cloves, floral, faint circus, bread, banana/apple bread, caramel, More like a pilsner. I really liked. APPERANCE: A light honey golden clear with 1-to-2 inches of a white head which settled fast (Which is fine with me). Lots of bubbles coming up from the bottom. TASTE: It doesn’t’ have the bitterness of Beck’s (regular), but it does have a nice bit of floral hop flavor to it. Caramel sweetness, bread crust and some floral spice. PALATE. It was very crisp, sharp and smooth. A light /medium bodied lager. OVERALL: Far from being a greatest pilsner in the universe, but these reviews do seem a bit negative against Becks Sapphire for some reason. The 6% ABV went down very smooth. I actually enjoyed this beer and would not think twice about buying another 12 of these to keep on hand for a nice cold one. SERVED WITH: From Steak and Potatoes to Pizza and Wings.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Mora2000 (5358) - McKinney, Texas, USA - DEC 2, 2013
Yellow pour with a white head. The aroma and flavor are a mix of grain and grass and are not good at all. Thin mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Sammy (8095) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 16, 2013
Fairly weak beer, not harsh though. Mild hop flavour. Not so drinkable. Yellow with lots of yellow foam.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Metalchopz (2130) - Cantley, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 1, 2013
Part of a mix sixer at Albertsons in Vegas. Pours a very light golden colour with a frothy white head, decent retention and some foamy lacing. The nose is pretty horrible though. Bad veggies, adjuncts, crap water. The taste isn’t much better with fake malts and mild sweetness in the finish. Maybe the normal Beck’s is not the best beer, but it sure is much better than this piece of poo. This is terrible that they want A-B to produce this for them, with their name on it. Beautiful black bottle and label. Thankfully nice to look at.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
ShineFiddler (1) - Calhoun, Georgia, USA - NOV 12, 2013 does not count
Distinctly unpleasant, bristling with off tones of rotting fruit. Could not finish the poured 16 oz can. At least I only wasted the purchase of one. Cloying sweetness of a bad heifweissen.