overall

RATINGS: 260   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.2   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
German Sapphire Hops. Smooth Taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Sammy (8421) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 16, 2013
Fairly weak beer, not harsh though. Mild hop flavour. Not so drinkable. Yellow with lots of yellow foam.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
kenter2000 (37) - , Wisconsin, USA - NOV 13, 2013
Huge disappointment. With such dangerous labeling I expected something equivalent inside, some kind of forbidden elegance. What I got was a step up from forgettable. However I can’t help but think the only true lasting impression this beer has to offer is its glorious graphic design. Am I only tasting the label? Its not totally unheard of. Its actual taste is too smooth. Reminds me of breathing. Oh how the name sapphire, coupled with the chic exterior screaming trouble has tempted me for so long. Each time I go to the store I notice it, always on the top shelf for some reason. And the subtle amber diamond with the symbolic key on the front. Is this beer the key to my happiness? So I thought then. So I bought then. And at the register I made conversation with the cash register dude. We talked about whip cream flavored vodka. "it’s actually not bad with orange juice, " he said, "makes kind of a creamsicle." And I wondered out-loud if it would be good with coffee, though I new deep down it would not. Now home, drinking this lie, I hear the police radio outside my door. Has he come to confiscate this booze? Perhaps he is a company man, here to apologize. No, he is here arresting the neighbors, though that is another story. Beck, Sapphire, I have finished you, but why?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
alecanaya (53) - Iowa, USA - NOV 13, 2013
Pale lagers are generally not my favorite beers, but this one is not bad. I definitely would drink it again... if I have to

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
ShineFiddler (1) - Calhoun, Georgia, USA - NOV 12, 2013 does not count
Distinctly unpleasant, bristling with off tones of rotting fruit. Could not finish the poured 16 oz can. At least I only wasted the purchase of one. Cloying sweetness of a bad heifweissen.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
TURDFERGUSON (3945) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - NOV 8, 2013
This beer was disgusting. Smelled like rotten veggies and fermented cabbage, specifically. Poopy poop shit crap.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Brandon1989 (239) - Euless, Texas, USA - NOV 6, 2013
pours a clear golden color and little smoke with a two inch head. aroma is sweet. the taste is very unique, nothing good or bad. you do pick up some sweetness and white bread. this beer is not undrinkable as many reviews would suggest but do not expect to get blown away.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
bu11zeye (11933) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - NOV 6, 2013
(12oz bottle) Pours a clear yellow body with a small white head. Aroma of grain, grass, and week old cooked rice. Flavor of grain, grass, and a light hint of citrus.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
DruncanVeasey (7112) - NUNEATON, Top 13, Warwickshire, ENGLAND - NOV 4, 2013
Chilled bottle, The Turtle’s Head, San Jose, CA, 27/10/13. Orange boiled sweet with Southern Comfort and vomit aroma. Bright thin lidded gold. Hay, orange, bilious lager flavour with a great big smack of bandwagon-jumping. Interesting this is being marketed in the US but not Europe- had naive hopes it might actually taste of hops. It doesn’t. Dull.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
BOSSbrewer (1509) - Arkansas, USA - OCT 31, 2013
Pours a pale gold with some head that dissipates quickly. Aroma is corn and some malt. Flavor is very bland. Very slight malt. Some vegetables. Slightly bitter but very light on flavor. Not much going. Slightly sweet and medium bodied. Finishes slightly sweet.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BucannonXC5 (802) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 25, 2013
Type: 12-oz. bottle Glass: Pilsner glass From: Cherokee Market Beer & Wine Price: $8.99 for a 6-pack Purchased: Oct. 25, 2013 Consumed: Oct. 25, 2013 Misc.: Pretty nice looking black bottle Poured a honey golden clear color with 3-to-4 fingers of frothy white head. Tons of bubbles coming up from the bottom. Sporadic spots of foggy lacing along the sides of the glass on the way down. Good retention for a pilsner on the top. Smelled cloves, banana, honey, faint Circus Peanuts, bread, banana bread, caramel, apple, faint pumpkin and kiwi. More like a hefeweizen or something similar than a pilsner, but I did dig it. Tasted not as much like the smell as I’d hoped. Got honey, bread, apple, kiwi, caramel, banana bread and some cloves. Light body. Thin texture. Average-to-lively carbonation. Abrupt, refreshing finish. Does not feel like 6.00 percent ABV, maybe more like 4.80. I was pleasantly surprised with Beck’s Sapphire. Not too bad at all and I’ll certainly enjoy the rest of this 6-pack.