RATINGS: 285   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.19   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
German Sapphire Hops. Smooth Taste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 2/20
Erzengel (5884) - Wuppertal, GERMANY - MAR 6, 2014
Black bottle, Golden in the glass. Nose is a bit like a new cupboard. My wife’s first association was mothballs - and I agree...
The beer starts very watery. And - the aroma is exactly like the nose. A beer with the taste of mothballs - very unique! The more I drink, the more I get reminded of my grandmother’s cupboard, where all the old coats were hanging. Taking one out there was a huge cloud of the typical mothball-aroma in the air - and exactly this is this beer. The aftertaste is even more intense. Not bad, but mothballs…. If you associate something positive with this aroma, it is good - but I think if you’ve ever seen clothes-moths (and therefore used the mothballs) I guess you will vomit immediately ;)
Interesting stuff - beside the aroma very watery, slightly sweet with nearly no bitterness. Easy to drink. What about selling it as liquid mothballs?? --> 5/12/2/3

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
schlitzfaced (80) - Ohio, USA - MAR 5, 2014
Pours a clear amber with a thin head. Aroma is maybe floral. not much taste to this one.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jflopsu (863) - New Jersey, USA - FEB 21, 2014
I light gold-amber color. A malty and grainy aroma. Has a slightly sweeter taste to start than most pale ales, but has an average taste of grains, earthy malts, and a crisp finish.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Beernoob1982 (2) - Tennessee, USA - FEB 9, 2014 does not count
Poured from a 12oz bottle into a standard beer glass. The head was thin and off white and body was slightly golden amber. The aroma is very light as i almost had to stick my face in the glass to get anything from it. It does come across as malty, slightly sweet and much like budweiser. As for taste, this beer is slightly sweet and mild with its malty flavor and almost no presence from the hops what so ever. It is drinkable but far from complex. you get a very quick bitter tap from the hops and then fades instantly to sweet and light malt flavors and finishes with a slightly sweet aftertaste. I found it really hard to rate this beer because i do like the hoppy bite that I get from the original becks. To me this is just a complete disappointment since I could have just bought a budweiser and got pretty much the same thing. In conclusion I would not by this again and am glad that I only bought one bottle.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
GIJOE (979) - North Berwick, Maine, USA - FEB 6, 2014
Pours amber with a thin, white head. Nose isn't. There may be a hint of malt there, but I'm not sure. Kind of sickening sweet like it's been mixed with some cider. Thin body. Soft carbonation. Meh. No thanks. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
dlbeer (845) - Wisconsin, USA - FEB 3, 2014
Bottle. Golden pour with very little white head. Smells of apple and malts. Sweet malt on the front with a slight bitter finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
mxnuel16 (46) - PANAMA - JAN 29, 2014
Tomandola con un clima frio, color oro puro, aroma fruta, para mi concepto mejor que la becks original, una lager buena para un clima caliente, sabor agradable para el paladar.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Cybercat (4175) - Georgia, USA - JAN 29, 2014
Here I am in Atlanta, stuck at home because of the weather emergency. It took me "only" eight hours to get home from work - and I am one of the lucky ones, having made it home at all, let alone in one piece! I hear tell that some people are still stuck on the road. OK, enough of that - to the beer. Pours a clear golden amber with a frothy eggshell head. Aroma is malty and crisp, not strong but acceptable. Flavor is about average, malty and fruity, the latter mainly apple; typical, but it sure tastes good after braving icy roads and people who don’t know how the hell to drive in the snow! Crisp, smooth finish has just a hint of hops. Average, but refreshing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Drjohnrock (571) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 26, 2014
From 12 ounce bottle bought at Western Hills Kroger, tasted on June 1, 2013. Light to medium gold/amber color, medium white head, subdued bittersweet/sour aroma, flavor that’s somewhat sweeter than your standard pale lager with a slightly sour undercurrent. Hops aside, I guess the Sapphire name is supposed to denote some kind of higher quality. I remember regular Beck’s being better than this. Once again, InBev proves it’s really a marketing machine, not a brewer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
douglas88 (7447) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 22, 2014
12 ounce bottle. Pours a clear copper color with a small white head. The aroma is sweet unpleasant fruit, something like honey. The flavor is sweet malts, apples, honey, some toffee. Hmm. Not terrible. Not good. Drinkable.