overall

RATINGS: 282   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
German Sapphire Hops. Smooth Taste.

Lightrider's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Lightrider (316) - Bristol, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 17, 2014
Bottle into an ale glass. Aroma is very weak. Pour is a light gold with a thick head. Taste is on the low side, German bud I think. Finish is flat.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
trexibmer (33) - - JUN 23, 2015
This is American Becks Malt Liquor. It is boozy and is what is all bad about it. The sapphire hops is lost in this sauce.Much like a Bud LIGHT Platinum at the same ABV. What else can I say?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
bkurtz (991) - PERU - JUN 12, 2015
Bottle - Pours a clear golden with a smallish head. Aroma of sweet malts (corn?). Sweet lager taste. Average macro at best.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Atom (1755) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUN 1, 2015
12oz bottle pours a pale golden/orange with a medium off-white head. Musky aromma of lager yeast and sweet malt. Sweet malt and corn. Blah...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BlackHaddock (4863) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - MAY 20, 2015
20th May 2015: got to admit I thought I was buying an imported German product, very disappointed when I got the six pack back to my daughters to find itís an AB brew. Anyway I havenít even opened the 1st 12oz bottle yet, so here goes, a live tasting. Poured into a Corsendonk badged stemmed tulip glass it looks fine. Clear, clean, bright and golden, the head a white foam blanket. Letís have a smell: not a lot going on in my nose, certainly no íSapphire Hopí action, more like a wet cardboard box that had melted frozen sweet corn inside it last week. The taste is both metallic and grainy, the dust from the maltings, canned. Not too my liking at all. Would I have been so critical if it had been an import? I like to think so, but most likely not. I has quenched my thirst but I do not really want anymore of the six pack: hope my son-in-law like it better than me. Otherwise it will be drank with a curry, which might suit it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Frank (3297) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 12, 2015
This stuff is pretty good, I reckon. Itís clear orange and unfortunately headless but that is the only real strong negative. It smells lightly herbal w/ a bit of husky grain character. Some light sweetness brings out some floral and lemon tones from the hops. This is maybe slightly on the sweet side for my liking but itís still reasonably drinkable, esp. for its six percent alcohol. Not gonna lie, I just assumed this beer would be total balls but itís actually pretty good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
johnnnniee (2833) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 6, 2015
16 oz can after an afternoon of painting. Looks innocent enough, pale yellow with a decent head. Thin watery mouthfeel, grainy corn and hints of metal. Even for a macro this isnít that good.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Doug_Crawford (2) - Los Gatos, USA - MAY 3, 2015 does not count
Awful. ABI has once again managed to ruin a beer. If there was a "0" rating I would use it. This is a dull-witted failure to regain the Becks cache that was perfected over centuries. Hideous. Another fizzy, tasteless "Bud Light" with absolutely no aftertaste good or bad. Neutral, like water.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
dhatton (171) - Mendham, New Jersey, USA - APR 12, 2015
Pretty basic lager appearance. Nose is muffled corn syrup. Sweet malt taste. Not impressed.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
beer_rookie (115) - Arkansas, USA - MAR 22, 2015
So this is a higher end beer? Yeah, right.... Aroma is of rubbing alcohol, it burns the nose...Appearance is okay starting with the bottle. The dark blue, or black bottle attracted me, but the pour, well. It pours a dark yellow. For some reason I expected blue, haha, silly me. But still wasnít expected that dark of a yellow, it has a decent, thick, foamy head. Leaves a nice lacing as you swirl it....Taste isnít really much, itís more roasty than hoppy and itís a little sweet. It has some maltiness too it that I donít really care for....Mouthfeel, medium with a slickness to it. Itís not great....Overall, itís not great, not offensive, but I wouldnít recommend.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
darthmoore (16) - Michigan, USA - MAR 14, 2015
Thanks to the nearly black bottle this is the first Beckís Iíve had that wasnít skunky. It is everything you would expect from a mediocre pilsner. Better than bud but nothing special. It does however have a pleasant fruity aroma. I wouldnít seek it out but wouldnít turn one down either.