RATINGS: 287   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
German Sapphire Hops. Smooth Taste.

DTM's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
DTM (798) - Winters, California, USA - FEB 24, 2013
Bottle from the 76 station in Davis, CA. Pours a light golden color with absolutley no head. Tastes like most typical pale lagers. I bumped up the rating a bit because it was nice of the palate. Sweet malty flavor. Would be nice on a hot day.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
obxdude10 (2151) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 26, 2015
16oz can. Cheap swill to pound. A case of 24-16oz cans is only $25 here in eastern PA. Sure, thereís much cheaper beers to get annihilated with, but youíd be losing out on the flavor of corn, metal, sour barley, rancid hops and a flat body. After drinking an entire can out of a glass, you would not even be able to tell that a beer was in the glass The small white head dissipates quickly and leaves absolutely no lacing. The only two decent things about this beer is that itís inexpensive and checks in at 6%. So, if youíre looking to get plastered on a budget, this beer may be a good candidate for you.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
baronvonklaus (1) - - OCT 30, 2015 does not count
Ach du liebe Schiss Taste and looks like Budweiser with German Sapphire. Did not enjoy it at all. Would not recommend. Yuk now I have to drink a Heineken to clear my palet.spit spit

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
ozzy70 (271) - - AUG 7, 2015
12 oz. bottle. Pours golden with medium head. Aroma of malt and grain. Taste, sweet. I would definitely buy this again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
decaturstevo (5613) - decatur, Tennessee, USA - JUL 22, 2015
Pale yellow pour with watery white head. Aroma is sweet corn and not much more. Flavor is skunky sweet corn. I think there is some floral notes mostly masked by the corn. Not sure how old this bottle is but old enough to taste like musty corn. As this beer warms it gets worse, but Iím sticking with the 2.2

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
ordybill (829) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - JUL 16, 2015
This is a terrible beer. I had hoped that this German Macro could pull off a nice brew with this "Sapphire", I was wrong. Had a heavy skunky presence. avoid

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
trexibmer (47) - - JUN 23, 2015
This is American Becks Malt Liquor. It is boozy and is what is all bad about it. The sapphire hops is lost in this sauce.Much like a Bud LIGHT Platinum at the same ABV. What else can I say?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
bkurtz (1009) - PERU - JUN 12, 2015
Bottle - Pours a clear golden with a smallish head. Aroma of sweet malts (corn?). Sweet lager taste. Average macro at best.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Atom (1915) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUN 1, 2015
12oz bottle pours a pale golden/orange with a medium off-white head. Musky aromma of lager yeast and sweet malt. Sweet malt and corn. Blah...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BlackHaddock (5194) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - MAY 20, 2015
20th May 2015: got to admit I thought I was buying an imported German product, very disappointed when I got the six pack back to my daughters to find itís an AB brew. Anyway I havenít even opened the 1st 12oz bottle yet, so here goes, a live tasting. Poured into a Corsendonk badged stemmed tulip glass it looks fine. Clear, clean, bright and golden, the head a white foam blanket. Letís have a smell: not a lot going on in my nose, certainly no íSapphire Hopí action, more like a wet cardboard box that had melted frozen sweet corn inside it last week. The taste is both metallic and grainy, the dust from the maltings, canned. Not too my liking at all. Would I have been so critical if it had been an import? I like to think so, but most likely not. I has quenched my thirst but I do not really want anymore of the six pack: hope my son-in-law like it better than me. Otherwise it will be drank with a curry, which might suit it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Frank (3601) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 12, 2015
This stuff is pretty good, I reckon. Itís clear orange and unfortunately headless but that is the only real strong negative. It smells lightly herbal w/ a bit of husky grain character. Some light sweetness brings out some floral and lemon tones from the hops. This is maybe slightly on the sweet side for my liking but itís still reasonably drinkable, esp. for its six percent alcohol. Not gonna lie, I just assumed this beer would be total balls but itís actually pretty good.