overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 2089   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Our original Beck’s is a classic German lager beer with a distinctive full-bodied taste, fresh "hoppy" bouquet, golden color and full rich head. Adding to its complexity is a slightly fruity but firm crispness and a dry, clean finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 30, 2003
Not necessary "the best of what Germans do best" as their slogan implies. But still, not a bad lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
cornhusker01 (76) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - APR 29, 2003
I tried the "Bomber" variant of this beer. I got bombed. This beer has a light flavor that made it go down fast, hence the drunken stupor. There was a slight fruitiness to it. Worth trying again but nothing remarkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - APR 27, 2003
Sharp bitter hop aroma that transfers to the palate. Not bad to look at in the glass, but the brand has been done to death.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
hotstuff (4403) - Indiana, USA - APR 26, 2003
Oh my gosh I can't believe I drank this beer. Did I say "beer"? This was rot gut! It poured a medium head and had very little lacing to it. It had a fruity, citrusy aroma to it. It had a bitter taste and the aftertaste lingered and lingered. It was pale gold in color. There was no carbonation. It had a light body to it. Obviously, I was anything but impressed by this beer. I am glad I have this rating out of the way!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
kook (2033) - Perth, Western Australia, AUSTRALIA - APR 7, 2003
1/4 draught: Very small head, clear urine colour. Little to no aroma apart from a hint of woody hops. Tastes rather bland + thin. Slight sweetness, slight bitterness. Too watery for me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
desurfer (1252) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - APR 4, 2003
I didn't really like this one. It came off as skunky and very bitter, and almost no finish except for more bitterness.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - APR 4, 2003
Pale gold colour with lots of fluffy white head. Very carbonated, almost looks like champagne. Very perfumy aroma, a bit skunky, too. The first few sips coated my mouth with a lingering very bitter and perfumy taste. Sweetened as it warmed to a very mild malty taste with a slight bitter finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Raaha (67) - Michigan, USA - APR 4, 2003
Middle of the road pilsner. Good on hot summer days. I have other beers as my favorite though.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 22, 2003
This is what I drink with my dad. I don't know why he likes it so much. It has a pungent odor to it and a bland watery body with a bit of a bitter finish. Bad but not horrible.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
TheBeerGenius (154) - Pittsburgh, PA, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 10, 2003
This is a pretty decent beer. It's harsh when you first taste it, but it has a nice aftertaste. Takes some getting used to.