overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 2097   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Our original Beck’s is a classic German lager beer with a distinctive full-bodied taste, fresh "hoppy" bouquet, golden color and full rich head. Adding to its complexity is a slightly fruity but firm crispness and a dry, clean finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - APR 27, 2003
Sharp bitter hop aroma that transfers to the palate. Not bad to look at in the glass, but the brand has been done to death.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
hotstuff (4406) - Indiana, USA - APR 26, 2003
Oh my gosh I can't believe I drank this beer. Did I say "beer"? This was rot gut! It poured a medium head and had very little lacing to it. It had a fruity, citrusy aroma to it. It had a bitter taste and the aftertaste lingered and lingered. It was pale gold in color. There was no carbonation. It had a light body to it. Obviously, I was anything but impressed by this beer. I am glad I have this rating out of the way!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
kook (2033) - Perth, Western Australia, AUSTRALIA - APR 7, 2003
1/4 draught: Very small head, clear urine colour. Little to no aroma apart from a hint of woody hops. Tastes rather bland + thin. Slight sweetness, slight bitterness. Too watery for me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
desurfer (1252) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - APR 4, 2003
I didn't really like this one. It came off as skunky and very bitter, and almost no finish except for more bitterness.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - APR 4, 2003
Pale gold colour with lots of fluffy white head. Very carbonated, almost looks like champagne. Very perfumy aroma, a bit skunky, too. The first few sips coated my mouth with a lingering very bitter and perfumy taste. Sweetened as it warmed to a very mild malty taste with a slight bitter finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Raaha (67) - Michigan, USA - APR 4, 2003
Middle of the road pilsner. Good on hot summer days. I have other beers as my favorite though.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 22, 2003
This is what I drink with my dad. I don't know why he likes it so much. It has a pungent odor to it and a bland watery body with a bit of a bitter finish. Bad but not horrible.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
TheBeerGenius (154) - Pittsburgh, PA, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 10, 2003
This is a pretty decent beer. It's harsh when you first taste it, but it has a nice aftertaste. Takes some getting used to.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 8, 2003
Body is light and golden with lots of bubbles. Little head that quickly disappears. Aroma is skunky and slightly hoppy. Taste is hoppy and refreshing. Finish is dry and slightly bitter. A decent beer after a having some real beer first. Better than most American/Canadian macros.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
ravidesai (949) - Bombay, INDIA - MAR 6, 2003
more of a europeanized "american standard" than a "pilsener".- perhaps a "european standard" category is called for. a slight malt taste and some hops in the finish.