Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 2106   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Our original Beck’s is a classic German lager beer with a distinctive full-bodied taste, fresh "hoppy" bouquet, golden color and full rich head. Adding to its complexity is a slightly fruity but firm crispness and a dry, clean finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Sully (1379) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - MAY 14, 2003
Uh oh, I can feel a flow of vitriol coming on. To all you Europeans, stop whingeing if this doesn't come up to your marque. You are spoilt for taste. To the plethora of American colleagues, geez you guys seem to have so much on offer from the local micros there that you can afford to be picky. Comments like JK's aren't that helpful for an Aussie when I am sure you can only get St Pauli Girl in only one or two places, and that would be in either of the twin cities! For a mass produced pils this is fine. I like the clean taste of the fresh ones we get here and find that the grassy nose is well complemented by the good hint of bitterness and mouthfeel. When Arnie said 'stop whining' he actually meant drink more beer. If I have to drink this I won't wine.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Cobra (1100) - - MAY 12, 2003
12 oz. bottle. I picked up a single the other day, just to try it side by side with it's light counterpart. I remember this as being much better years ago. Still, it wasn't the worst beer I've ever had, not by a long shot. Poured out a golden, more clear than yellow color. It has some malt aromas, and a faint background of hops, but not much more happening here folks. Tasted alright, but it had a metallic finish to it. Nothing to go out of your way for, however.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
topper71 (19) - USA - MAY 9, 2003
Very rich taste and also very appealing. A great beer to have with a nice dinner.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Wrath (362) - Valparaiso, Indiana, USA - MAY 8, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 14, 2003 Not what german beer really is. A woody hop taste with hardly any smell. fairly smooth to drink but I would stay away.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
hoped (18) - Arizona, USA - MAY 7, 2003
This beer used to be one of my favorites 15 years ago and I can tell you I like it more from this attractive 12 oz. can. This is the first time I have had a can of Becks. Pours with a graciuos head and nice pale ale like carbination. The smell is slight grain and and light floral citrus hop. No detection of unpleasant odors. The flavor is light malt and grains with a light hop flavor and bitterness. The best mouthfeel Ive found in a lager yet. Nice carbonation tingle. I suppose with my new found taste for IPA's, Imperial Stouts, and Barley Wines, I would have to call this a fine lighter beer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
diabel (1634) - Aarschot, BELGIUM - MAY 5, 2003
Once again I payed a euro for a bottle of dishing water. It didn't tasted bad, no, it justed didn't tasted at all. Quite stupid, not?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Ungstrup (30940) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - MAY 5, 2003
A yellow beer with no head. The aroma is malty sweet - a nice aroma. The flavor is sweet, nicely malted, thin in the middle, and dying out in the end. The bitterness is slight but good. An OK beer - but somewhat boring.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 30, 2003
Not necessary "the best of what Germans do best" as their slogan implies. But still, not a bad lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
cornhusker01 (76) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - APR 29, 2003
I tried the "Bomber" variant of this beer. I got bombed. This beer has a light flavor that made it go down fast, hence the drunken stupor. There was a slight fruitiness to it. Worth trying again but nothing remarkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - APR 27, 2003
Sharp bitter hop aroma that transfers to the palate. Not bad to look at in the glass, but the brand has been done to death.