overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 2132   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Our original Beck’s is a classic German lager beer with a distinctive full-bodied taste, fresh "hoppy" bouquet, golden color and full rich head. Adding to its complexity is a slightly fruity but firm crispness and a dry, clean finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
beerMe23 (14) - bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 3, 2003
The flavor turned me off right away. Not much of a head and not much for the smell either. I was disappointed.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
evilsoc (191) - WALES - MAY 29, 2003
Very good for a mass produced pils. I personally can't get over the garden pea nose. Often skunked if bought off the shelf. Decent crisp taste but has a dodgey malt balance. Nice head, nice colour. OK for americans but we can do better here.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - MAY 25, 2003
The more I drink Beck's, the more I don't like it. I guess that isn't good for Beck's, but oh well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Diablokev (163) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - MAY 24, 2003
The aroma is a bit skunky, and hoppy. The appearance is a clear light gold, with a thin bubbly white head. The flavor is hoppy, and has a bitter aftertaste. The beer is crisp and easy to drink. Overall not bad.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 24, 2003
Has a golden color with a good bit of carbonation and a lightly malted smell. Taste is also lightly malted/skunked and finished a bit skunked. Overall another green bottle euro-skunk beer, I am glad I tried it at a taste testing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
clattyarse (13) - Penrith, AUSTRALIA - MAY 18, 2003
why is this beer so popular? There is nothing special about this beer, let me tell you!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Sully (1380) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - MAY 14, 2003
Uh oh, I can feel a flow of vitriol coming on. To all you Europeans, stop whingeing if this doesn't come up to your marque. You are spoilt for taste. To the plethora of American colleagues, geez you guys seem to have so much on offer from the local micros there that you can afford to be picky. Comments like JK's aren't that helpful for an Aussie when I am sure you can only get St Pauli Girl in only one or two places, and that would be in either of the twin cities! For a mass produced pils this is fine. I like the clean taste of the fresh ones we get here and find that the grassy nose is well complemented by the good hint of bitterness and mouthfeel. When Arnie said 'stop whining' he actually meant drink more beer. If I have to drink this I won't wine.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Cobra (1100) - - MAY 12, 2003
12 oz. bottle. I picked up a single the other day, just to try it side by side with it's light counterpart. I remember this as being much better years ago. Still, it wasn't the worst beer I've ever had, not by a long shot. Poured out a golden, more clear than yellow color. It has some malt aromas, and a faint background of hops, but not much more happening here folks. Tasted alright, but it had a metallic finish to it. Nothing to go out of your way for, however.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
topper71 (19) - USA - MAY 9, 2003
Very rich taste and also very appealing. A great beer to have with a nice dinner.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Wrath (362) - Valparaiso, Indiana, USA - MAY 8, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 14, 2003 Not what german beer really is. A woody hop taste with hardly any smell. fairly smooth to drink but I would stay away.