overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1997   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Our original Beckís is a classic German lager beer with a distinctive full-bodied taste, fresh "hoppy" bouquet, golden color and full rich head. Adding to its complexity is a slightly fruity but firm crispness and a dry, clean finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
MarshallMac (143) - West Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 30, 2002
I love it. I could drink 100 of these, what a great german lager. Yes As it happens, i drank about 20 or so of them for a banquet and got in pretty rough shape.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
samustdog (73) - USA - MAY 24, 2002
Very smooth, very enjoyable! I went in thinking that this was going to be similar to most major American beers, but was pleasantly surprised! It went down easy, and I found it to be highly drinkable. Bottoms up!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
jazz88 (2558) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAY 24, 2002
Bottle. A distinctly dry and clean beer. Contains some of the skunkiness typical of this style, but not as overpowering as some beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - MAY 23, 2002
Pretty middle of the road. A little carbonated for me, but it is better than St. Pauli Girl.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
coachmark34 (39) - central Illinois, USA - MAY 22, 2002
Mmm. I loved tha ftertaste and finish on this beer. Lotís of body, with a good aftertaste that is .... well different from most beers. A positive one, though, I must say. Much less ískunkinessí than Heineken, but, heck everybody knows the Germans didnít let all their brewing secrets get to the Netherlands. I would rate this beer just a bit below St. Pauli Girl as an import.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
shadey (1904) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 21, 2002
I am not a fan of pilsners to begin with, and this one reminds me why. Its right up there with every other highschoolers beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
GPyott (67) - Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 20, 2002
I believe this beer deserves a bit more credit. Itís a great everyday Pilsner, with a respectable clean crisp taste. Itís my staple beer (not my favorite) - sort of the írich manísí Bud. I might not be rich, but I usually have a sixer of this on hand.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
argo0 (11562) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 20, 2002
Bleah -- why anyone would drink this is beyond me. Sure itís marginally better than bud, but if thatís your standard, you wonít appreciate my criticism anyway.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Robbenklopper99 (47) - aachen, GERMANY - MAY 18, 2002
nothing special. a little bit more than average.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - MAY 17, 2002
Not that itís saying much, but this is one of the better Macro pilseners on the market. Better than the standard supermarket fair but not on par with good microís. If itís this or Bud/Miller, etc...I will take Beckís every time. But then again, who wouldnít?