overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 2184   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Our original Beck’s is a classic German lager beer with a distinctive full-bodied taste, fresh "hoppy" bouquet, golden color and full rich head. Adding to its complexity is a slightly fruity but firm crispness and a dry, clean finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
topper71 (19) - USA - MAY 9, 2003
Very rich taste and also very appealing. A great beer to have with a nice dinner.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Wrath (362) - Valparaiso, Indiana, USA - MAY 8, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 14, 2003 Not what german beer really is. A woody hop taste with hardly any smell. fairly smooth to drink but I would stay away.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
hoped (18) - Arizona, USA - MAY 7, 2003
This beer used to be one of my favorites 15 years ago and I can tell you I like it more from this attractive 12 oz. can. This is the first time I have had a can of Becks. Pours with a graciuos head and nice pale ale like carbination. The smell is slight grain and and light floral citrus hop. No detection of unpleasant odors. The flavor is light malt and grains with a light hop flavor and bitterness. The best mouthfeel Ive found in a lager yet. Nice carbonation tingle. I suppose with my new found taste for IPA's, Imperial Stouts, and Barley Wines, I would have to call this a fine lighter beer.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
diabel (1680) - Aarschot, BELGIUM - MAY 5, 2003
Once again I payed a euro for a bottle of dishing water. It didn't tasted bad, no, it justed didn't tasted at all. Quite stupid, not?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Ungstrup (34350) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - MAY 5, 2003
A yellow beer with no head. The aroma is malty sweet - a nice aroma. The flavor is sweet, nicely malted, thin in the middle, and dying out in the end. The bitterness is slight but good. An OK beer - but somewhat boring.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 30, 2003
Not necessary "the best of what Germans do best" as their slogan implies. But still, not a bad lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
cornhusker01 (76) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - APR 29, 2003
I tried the "Bomber" variant of this beer. I got bombed. This beer has a light flavor that made it go down fast, hence the drunken stupor. There was a slight fruitiness to it. Worth trying again but nothing remarkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - APR 27, 2003
Sharp bitter hop aroma that transfers to the palate. Not bad to look at in the glass, but the brand has been done to death.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
hotstuff (4864) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - APR 26, 2003
Oh my gosh I can't believe I drank this beer. Did I say "beer"? This was rot gut! It poured a medium head and had very little lacing to it. It had a fruity, citrusy aroma to it. It had a bitter taste and the aftertaste lingered and lingered. It was pale gold in color. There was no carbonation. It had a light body to it. Obviously, I was anything but impressed by this beer. I am glad I have this rating out of the way!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
kook (2033) - Perth, Western Australia, AUSTRALIA - APR 7, 2003
1/4 draught: Very small head, clear urine colour. Little to no aroma apart from a hint of woody hops. Tastes rather bland + thin. Slight sweetness, slight bitterness. Too watery for me.