overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 2018   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Our original Beckís is a classic German lager beer with a distinctive full-bodied taste, fresh "hoppy" bouquet, golden color and full rich head. Adding to its complexity is a slightly fruity but firm crispness and a dry, clean finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Martin243 (814) - Tyne & Wear, ENGLAND - JAN 1, 2015
We bought a case for our New Year Party, and I decided to rate a sample on the following day. 2x275 ml bottles poured cold into a Weizen. Bright golden yellow with a white head. I have some respect and affection for mass produced German lagers for their crowd-pleasing, does- what- it- says- on- the- tin qualities. Like sending "Johnny B. Goode" into space, this would be a way of communicating the initial, unrefined concept of "beer" to aliens. Lemon and popcorn aroma. Similar slightly citric, cereal flavours. Clean crisp refreshing, invites more than one sup. So ubiquitous, I think you should just try it. Iím pretty sure you wonít think itís awful unless you get a duff íun.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
momordgz (191) - - DEC 29, 2014
Anything good or special thing to say. Just a drinkable kind of lager beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
PigMine (42) - San Angelo, Texas, USA - DEC 12, 2014
Probably the most underrated brew on Ratebeer. It has the perfect skunk aroma, and the brew tastes fresh and it is so easy to drink. It is very delicious, and a shame so many people hate on it, a fine German brew!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
GrooveDaddy (16) - Bham, Alabama, USA - NOV 27, 2014
If you get a fresh bottle of this stuff, itís decent; that said, for the past few years, all Iíve been able to find were skunky bottles; granted, they were singles and they tend to sit around longer, but seeing that I actually like this stuff when itís fresh, winding up with a gross, skunky old bottle of it is a real let down. A couple of years ago, I was visiting my brotherís house, and we were going to watch The Social Network; in that film, thereís a scene where Mark Zuckerberg grabs a beer from his dorm fridge that is apparently intended to be a Beckís (the name on the bottle not shown, apparently, to avoid any copywright issues, or to enforce a rule of not giving any company free product placement in a film). Remembering the scene, I was eager to get some Beckís before starting the film; I didnít want to go too far, so I wound up at a gas station, where they had a large, single bottle of Beckís, which I purchased. I noticed the date, that it was over a year old; my brother insisted that beer stays fresh for years provided itís kept cold; I tried a sip - awful!!! My brother tried some, proclaimed it was fine; I informed him that I KNOW what a good, fresh bottle of Beckís should taste like, and that ainít it! I gave him the bottle, and cleansed my palate with some Yuengling or something....

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dirtyrat (44) - Bowling Green, Ohio, USA - NOV 27, 2014
I really have little to say about Becks. Pale, kind of clear looking beer. Bland taste. The aftertaste is what makes it particularly atrocious; thereís a metallic, almost acidic aftertaste to the stuff.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
ajnepple (2724) - Conifer, Colorado, USA - NOV 20, 2014
12 oz bottle into a pint glass at Cleoís. Clear appearance with a small white head. Pale malty, light sweet notes of corn and rice. Light body, pretty easy to drink. Pretty bland and not very good overall.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
mjs (4887) - Helsinki, FINLAND - NOV 20, 2014
(Bottle, 0.33 l - BB 09.2015, from Alko, 20141120) I had wished I could tick Bremen by drinking some other beer than this one but no. The beer poured pale golden and clear. Its head was medium sized and white. Aroma had sweetness, starch and hint of grass. Palate was rather light bodied with medium carbonation. Flavours were sweetness, something metallic and bitterness. Aftertaste was sweet and bitter. A harsh and thin brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
ARH (617) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 20, 2014
12 oz bottle poured into a wine glass. Aromas of minerals, some floral, some grass and herb, and a slight skunkiness come through as well as a lemon and orange citrus late. It pours a crystal clear, effervescent pale color with a soft and foamy (whipped) white head that retains thick ring and decent layer and leaves an OK amount of puffy lace behind. The taste is a medium bitter and light sweetness. Itís a thin and light beer with a soft champagne-bubble carbonation. The taste is a dry citrus peel with a mild spicy, clean finish to it. Itís crisp and dry with just a slight, acute bitter fruit hint in the aftertaste which is mostly a mild stone-like touch and light spices.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Diabobale (248) - Vallata, SUD ITALIA, ITALY - NOV 10, 2014
Una buona premium. Seppur molto commerciale, presenta buona presenza dei malti e buoni luppoli. Lunga persistenza in gola, gradevole perchŤ amara

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Hrc_Cro (157) - Zagreb, CROATIA - NOV 1, 2014
0.5l can. Clear golden color with small white head. Taste is little sour and bitter. Typical mass product beer, but not bad.