Beer Baroness
Brewed at Four Avenues Brewing Co.

Style: Brown Ale
, New Zealand

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%

Jimthechap's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jimthechap (1483) - Christchurch, - OCT 14, 2013
Im rather partial to a brown ale. For me, nothing heralds the arrival of autumn, the season of mists and of mellow fruitfulness, quite like a pint of brown ale. It is as much a part of autumn as leaves falling off the trees, hazelnuts and equinoctial disquiet. I love it all. But it isnt autumn here in New Zealand. It is spring and for me the seasonal beers are golden hoppy ales. Does it matter though? Not especially. This brown ale is everything the style demands. Off-dry with gorgeous cocoa, walnut and hazelnuts both in the pleasant aromas and in the reward of flavour. A slight haze on the appearance and a temporary head were the only downfalls of this pint, but I would imagine it will make a ripper off handpull. Toward the bottom of the glass I ascertained licorice, dusty carob, nutmeg and almonds. Youd be happy with yourself if you brewed this beer. I was was happy with myself for drinking it.