Beer Station Ryogoku Weizen

Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 2.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.62   ABV: -

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
AceOfHearts (1374) - Mountain View, California, USA - APR 17, 2005
I was going to go to this place called Popeye’s, but I had incorrectly assumed that it would be open on Sunday, for the convenience of all...hai, hai, baka gaijin desu. It’s closed and I knew that there was a brewpub in the area, but I had neglected to write it down, and I couldn’t find an Internet cafe...So I’m about to get back on the subway and take the 30 minute train ride back to my hotel, when I decide to stop in some restaurant at the station, which has a sign that says "beer" in neon. I walk in and smell hops, which reminded me of my homebrewing phase in the awful year of 2002. Ahhhh...yes. The menus are in all Japanese, so I’m ordering by picture. I did see beers listed in Engrish, "made from our bruwery", and they actually had a sampler. On it were their three main beers in really small glasses. Kawaii desu. This one in particular was pale and had a nice white head, in its mini-mug. The smell is crisp and it gave me some hopes, but there really wan’t much to the flavor or the thin mouthfeel. Metallic finish, no good.