Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 95   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
A sweet, very light, golden ale made with fresh Maine blueberries to produce a big, blueberry aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 3, 2004
On tap in Salem: It looked like dirty dishwater with a bunch of blueberries thrown in that where taking turns floating up and down in the glass. If you buy a pitcher of this, they put the berries in too. On top of the head is a layer of floating purple stuff which I'm guessing is due to the fact that they put a bunch of berries in the glass. This didn't bother me, in the same way that lemons in beer bother me, but I'm not sure why. Anyway, spicey berry aroma, weak sweet taste in the thin and berry-like fluid. Gimmicky rather than good.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - OCT 27, 2003
A Budweiser-ish lager with actual blueberries floating in the glass, just like Redondo Beach Brewing serves their blueberry beer. Nice cosmetic touch, but they should've used a hefeweizen or at least a flavorful ale as the base instead of this awfully bland lager. An inexcusably lame effort.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
JorisPPattyn (8660) - Ursel, BELGIUM - OCT 3, 2003
(draught) If I read other comments, somebody mashed my fruits... Fully hazy dark amber, good white head. Citrussy, fruity nose with a perfumey odour that is actually remindful of blueberries. Unfortunately, the taste is both perfumey and harsh, as if a chmeical component was used as blueberry-ester. Malts get overwhelmed. Medium bodied. failed somewhere along the line. Good try, pity about the outcome.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 15, 2003
I ordered this one drunk but I rated it anyway. I'm still uncertain where the blueberries came from. It seems inconceivable that they could actually come through the tap because one person might get no blueberries and another might get 85. But I swear the bartender never reached for a jar of blueberries. Anyway, it was better than most fruit beer because it wasn't overly sweet and artificial tasting. However, it had a slightly soapy taste and mouthfeel. Drinkable... once.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
BtownBrewer (91) - Belchertown, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 9, 2003
What the hell? There were actual whole blueberries in this beer? Do they not know how to incorporate the flavor of blueberries into their beer (by mashing or juicing perhaps?) It's like ordering an oatmeal stout only to find oats floating in it. Beyond that it was easy to drink and noticably sweet.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
ravidesai (950) - Bombay, INDIA - JUN 5, 2003
gimmicky beer, light ale with floating blueberries. very sweet and berry-like. little ion the way of beer flavors. bestr bert would be to boil this down and serve with pancakes.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
ericnixon (742) - Portland, Oregon, USA - APR 6, 2003
Since i don't like blueberries to begin with, this was a poor choice for me to have. The thing that turned me off most about this beer is the real blueberries floating (well, sinking) in it. it reminded me of that Orbit soda from a few years back.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
ToadMan (559) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - FEB 12, 2003
The first time I have actualy seen blueberrys come out of a tap. Light slightly hopped beer with a lot of blueberry kick. Very sweet and berry like, not at all bad, but its hard to consider it a beer. I have to say I enjoyed it, but its not what I want when I want a beer (which I almost always want.)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Sammys (428) - Portland, Maine, USA - SEP 25, 2002
This has to be the coolest blueberry ale I’ve had - it comes with fresh Maine blueberries in the glass! Otherwise its a fairly standard blueberry ale, though having actual fruit in the beer gives it a more pronounced fruit flavor than most bottled examples. A good deal if fruit beers are your thing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Nuffield (3900) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - AUG 31, 2002
It’s a nice touch with the big dollop of blueberries in the glass, some floating and some sitting on the bottom like rabbit droppings. Biting into a few of the blueberries does provide a nice flavor, but then we’re not talking about beer but fruit in syrup. The beer, I was told, was the same general beer they make when they add other flavorings to the process (e.g., watermelon)--nothing interesting there. Too much carbonation, I thought. Chunky palate (how many times do you get to say that?)!