Brewed by Belhaven (Greene King)
Style: Bitter
Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1311   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26/5   EST. CALORIES: 117   ABV: 3.9%
Available filtered and pasteurised in 500ml bottles, nitro-cans (as Draught), and in kegs; usually nitro-kegs.
Also known as Export.
The cask version is known as 80/-.
Note: It appears there are two versions of this beer - 5.2% primarily for the US market and 3.9% mainly for Europe.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - APR 22, 2002
Nice creamy head - good color - but nothing great about this beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Bov (10926) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - APR 22, 2002
reddish colour, dense creamy head, floral and buttery aroma, very smooth, sweet, light-bodied, short watery finish

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Dogbrick (10001) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 20, 2002
Similar to Boddington’s or Caffrey’s, but thinner and with a lingering aftertaste. There are much better widget offerings out there. Nice cascade during the pour but the head is weak and short-lived. I expected better.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
gpolice99 (32) - Arizona, USA - APR 18, 2002
I like the taste of this beer ALOT! I tried it cold,and warm...at $11 a sixer its kinda pricey, but VERY tasty!!! the only downfall here is the head of the beer, it didnt have much of one..or last long enough for me to tell! but the flavor makes this a winner! the more I drink it, the more I like it!! this is tops for me! if its Not scottish its crrrrrrrrrap!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
Sickboy282 (1115) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 17, 2002
A decent brew and the first ’scottish ale’ I have tried. Very caramely and light coffee.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gregory (357) - Pullman, Washington, USA - APR 1, 2002
Very nice flavors, of toffee, nuts, and even a hint of coffee. The aroma is malty, which definately comes out in the flavor. A rather tasty beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Merc (313) - Pullman, Washington, USA - APR 1, 2002
Just when I had convinced myself that I didn’t really like Scottish ales, I tried this one. Maybe its the virtual absence of bitterness except on the very end of the finish that sells me. Caramel sweet and easy to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
maxhits (172) - Pico Rivera, California, USA - MAR 29, 2002
Malty and nutty, pouring with a deep caramel/ruby color with lively carbonation and a modest head. The nose has a buttery/hazelnut/malt aroma. The first taste is full-bodied, malted, and finishes with a slightly-sweet flavor and a very gentle hop bite. A light ale with an ABV of only 3.9%.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
FlemishChar (224) - Virginia, USA - MAR 28, 2002
Lovely brown color. Extremely malty and satisfying. Scotch ales are really growing on me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Skred (107) - Houma, Louisiana, USA - MAR 23, 2002
Medium brown color, clear, nice but small head, high carbonation. Very malty aroma. Flavor didn’t develop fully until it warmed up some, and was predominantly malt with low bitterness, but carbonation kept it from being too sweet. Very clean finish. This was an old bottle, but it made a good enough impression that I’ll definitely try it again.