overall
Brewed by Belize Brewing Company
Style: Pale Lager
Belize City, Belize

RATINGS: 151   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.3   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Belikin Beer is brewed in the classic continental European lager style. Belikin uses Canadian Pilsner malt in combination with a blend of German hops to create the perfect malt-hop balance for our flagship. Since December 13, 1971 the original recipe has called for a lengthy fermentation and lagering to allow the yeast to create its full conditioning. This full-bodied beer with a medium golden colour is delightful any time of the day.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
kidmartinek (3720) - austin, Texas, USA - NOV 20, 2011
Light yellow. Pours with a large white head. Very malty nose and a little bitter. Full thick body and malty palate coating consistenty. Pretty balanced... just heavy for a light beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
bigguns22 (697) - Maryland, USA - NOV 2, 2011
First beer from beliize better then I would have guested.Pour is a golden yellow small to medium white head 1/2 inch or so.Aroma sweet,bread and malts.Flavor lite,a little creamy and cereal with a touch of hop.My wife said she taste honey I did not get that. !

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
ectuohy27 (603) - ESTONIA - OCT 19, 2011
Thin, fizzy, a bit skunky and adjunct-y, but just fine everywhere in BZ for $1 US (various)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
SHIG (3602) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - OCT 2, 2011
Bottle: Poured very light golden color with white head. Aroma is grass and straw. Taste was a harsh metallic with soaked grain some sweet cardboard finish very paste like.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
unclemattie (4217) - Georgia, USA - SEP 20, 2011
284mL bottle, thanks to my longtime friend Christy. Clear yellow pour, thin white head. Aroma of sour water and straw. Tastes of some metal and a standard Pale Lager. I bet it tastes better down there!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
decaturstevo (5145) - decatur, Tennessee, USA - SEP 16, 2011
Gold pour with watery head and lace. Sour maltiness with a hinto lemony citurs. Sweet malt start followed by sweet perfumy bitter. Thin watery and a bit fizzy.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
DrSilverworm (6571) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 5, 2011
12oz bottle, thanks to my uncle George. Pale yellow color, some floaties, minimal head. Interesting musky aroma. Very intentional and refined, it seems. Pickled is the best way I can describe it. I bet this would be awesome with belize-food. Couldn’t imagine drinking a 6 of this, though. I bet it’s all they have in Belize.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
wisew158 (2) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 2, 2011 does not count
Not a bad beer, but it is the only beer widely available in Belize. After a while it gets a bit old drinking the same beer day after day.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
fiulijn (14978) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 20, 2011
Deep blond color, flat. Breadish aroma. Oxidised flavor, corny, mellow, without bitterness. Real crap.
But thanks Henrik and Saxo for bringing this to København Ølfestival 2010.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
hypn0toad (267) - Maryland, USA - JUL 15, 2011
So this beer is alright. But it was smuggled into the country for me by my girlfriend who went on a trip there. That counts for a lot. I guess in belize they care about the environment and take recycling to heart. The bottle clearly has been around for a while (don’t get me wrong it seems clean), its just weird seeing a bottle that is 100% recycled haha. The coke bottle (aroma 9, appearance 4, taste 9, palate 4, overall 17, total score 4.5, highest rated coke product for me- great coke, clearly doesn’t use the corn sugar we have here, much better in the bottle amazing) is also recycled in the same manor. Anyways this beer is a bit metalic tasting, pretty mild and unoffensive, nothing special. Except there is a picture of a mayan temple on the bottle. I know that because its labeled for the consumer. I bet I would rate this higher if i was in Belize, but I’m in my boring apartment. Ugh.